im writing a small basic game and use picarc to compress the maps into a database.

The Problem:
it uses the same memory stuff as Doors and Mirage, and thus messes them up and forces you to exit out right away or face a RAM clear.

My Idea:
if compatibility could be made possibly that would be epic, but if not i was wondering what i should look for to detect if a basic program is being run from Doors (or mirage). If that could be done i could easily work around the problem.

any help with a work around would be greatly appreciated Smile
http://www.towson.edu/ows/sentencestruct.htm
not like this is a serious problem with DSC that could be useful to me and many other programmers if it could be solved, just point out my bad grammar why don't you. I made the topic very clear, just try running a basic program that uses the library yourself, and see what happens. <.< (the library being picarc made by Iambian, give it a google if you don't know of it)
Paste your code :O
A BASIC program can never mess up DCS. Only asm can do that. Therefore, it must be the picarc program that causes the problem.

And by the way, instead of using of using picarc, use the Celtic III app which has already picarc built in.
I'll give Celtic III a look.
miotatsu wrote:
I'll give Celtic III a look.

I would. Celtic's helped me a lot since I started using it.
As far as determining if you're in a shell when the program is run...I know there is a way for MirageOS, not sure about DCS. Your first line of the program should be a GetKey. Then, you test the value it returned. I think that MirageOS will cause it to return a non-zero value, whereas the homescreen will cause it to return zero. Test it out yourself on DCS to see if it works too.
magicdanw wrote:
As far as determining if you're in a shell when the program is run...I know there is a way for MirageOS, not sure about DCS. Your first line of the program should be a GetKey. Then, you test the value it returned. I think that MirageOS will cause it to return a non-zero value, whereas the homescreen will cause it to return zero. Test it out yourself on DCS to see if it works too.
I'm almost completely positive that that works in DCS too, I think that I have run into that issue before and not known what was causing it. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
magicdanw wrote:
I'm almost completely positive that that works in DCS too, I think that I have run into that issue before and not known what was causing it. Smile
I assumed that DCS and MOS read the GetCSC value for "Enter" or "2nd" when a program is clicked and then run the selected BASIC program. Since only GetCSC is used, once the program starts, the button isn't considered pressed yet and hasn't been removed from the buffer, and BASIC GetKey can read it. On the other hand, TI-OS uses GetKey for program selection, so the keypress is already read out of the buffer once the program starts, and GetKey will return zero until the key is released and a key is pressed again.
of course! i knew about the getkey thing with mirageOS but i always thought of it as a bad thing, never even thought that it could be used to check if its being ran, im going to mess around with some code and see if i can get it all awesume-ish and see if this will also apply to doors, thanks so much! Very Happy

Edit:
alright i gave it a try, works wonderfully with MirageOS, however it thinks DoorsCS is the Ti-OS, (it returns 0) is there a way to implement the "restart" thing in doors cs into a basic program (like an asm library type of thing) and would that fix the memory garblement problem-ness? Surprised)

Edit Edit: now that i think about it that wouldnt really help without it knowing that its in DCS in the first place... so i guess i still need a way to make it detect doors

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours