So, I was thinking, Kerm, and you should totally integrate Wifi drivers into DoorsCS. Just in case.
Absolutely. With USB8x, this should be easy for you. Especially since I'm pretty sure you already have a port of 'Internet Explorer' on your ticalc page (It's been a while, though. I could be wrong).
Maybe a proper Firefox port. And umm, Photoshop, and some sort of non-linear video editing software.
foamy3 wrote:
Absolutely. With USB8x, this should be easy for you. Especially since I'm pretty sure you already have a port of 'Internet Explorer' on your ticalc page (It's been a while, though. I could be wrong).
Haha, oh yes, one of my misguided 'beta's from back in the day. I thought it would be so easy to implement CalcNET2 and then write an oncalc browser with my TIML rendering engine. Very Happy
Kerm, you should totally make DCS use a 3d compositing window management. Also, it should be gray scale and implement multithreading.
Gray scale? What about color? C'mon now guys.
swivelgames wrote:
Gray scale? What about color? C'mon now guys.

because Kerm totally would (has?) swap in a color LCD Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm, you should totally make DCS use a 3d compositing window management. Also, it should be gray scale and implement multithreading.
Micheal V made a threading Shell for the 73 why can't Kerm have threading in DCS, I mean its not like it doesn't already have tons of features that nobody uses.
Oh yeah, and I don't like the name. Let's rename it something more... synergical.
Just some more ideas I brainstormed...

(1)Make an internal or external Explorer text based gui for those who like quick access.

(2)Remove Restart Function

(3)Add password protection

(4)Add file compression like CrunchyOS

(5)Allow module installation for extra features like Ion

(6)Allow Calcnet to connect with a computer

(7)Expand DoorsCS edit basic program function to allow the creation of a basic program

(8)Add history database that can restore deleted programs

(9)Maybe an animated icon?

(10)Allow running of Apps

(11)Allow management of group files

(12)Highlight program names when using backgrounds so you can see them

(13)Turn about screen into a pop-up window to conserve room

(14)Crash-proof DoorsCS

(15)Grayscale?

(16)Auto powerdown or screensaver

(17)Add program description function for basic programs

(18)Allow hiding of programs

(19)Add asm libraries for functions like cursors, textinverse, and running of Ion, Mirage, and Doors programs to basic programs

(20)Sound Emulation

Some of these have already been discussed but for the most part they're new
Crunchy has some crazy crashproofing, so that nothing gets messed up after a crash. Can you put a mirage/ion style interface? I never really liked using the emulated mouse.
xenonparadox wrote:
Just some more ideas I brainstormed...

(1)Make an internal or external Explorer text based gui for those who like quick access.
Like a command line? interesting, but infeasible when typing text is much harder than using the arrrows
Quote:

(2)Remove Restart Function
agreed
Quote:

(3)Add password protection
as I said before, will stay an SE
Quote:
(4)Add file compression like CrunchyOS
as previously stated, I'll probably implement this
Quote:
(5)Allow module installation for extra features like Ion
feature already exists
Quote:
(6)Allow Calcnet to connect with a computer
already planned
Quote:
(7)Expand DoorsCS edit basic program function to allow the creation of a basic program
why? there's no point.

Quote:
(8)Add history database that can restore deleted programs
how?

Quote:
(9)Maybe an animated icon?
for programs?

Quote:
(10)Allow running of Apps
nah

Quote:
(11)Allow management of group files
planned

Quote:
(12)Highlight program names when using backgrounds so you can see them
feature alrady exists (I think)

Quote:
(13)Turn about screen into a pop-up window to conserve room
Good idea, but it wouldn't actually save space.

Quote:
(14)Crash-proof DoorsCS
that's inane.

Quote:
(15)Grayscale?
Doors CS or libraries?

Quote:
(16)Auto powerdown or screensaver
feature already exists

Quote:
(17)Add program description function for basic programs
feature alrady exists

Quote:
(18)Allow hiding of programs
planned.

Quote:
(19)Add asm libraries for functions like cursors, textinverse, and running of Ion, Mirage, and Doors programs to basic programs
Feature is already under development.

Quote:
(20)Sound Emulation
feature already exists
Will_W wrote:
Crunchy has some crazy crashproofing, so that nothing gets messed up after a crash. Can you put a mirage/ion style interface? I never really liked using the emulated mouse.

Seriously.....people say this in EVERY suggestion thread, and the answer is still: the issue has already been resolved
elfprince13 wrote:
Will_W wrote:

Seriously.....people say this in EVERY suggestion thread, and the answer is still: the issue has already been resolved
Not to mention that it's now a *built-in* feature of Doors CS.
Cool Cool
sorry to bother you then.
Will_W wrote:
Cool Cool
No worries. It makes me realize more that I need to publicize that feature.
KermMartian wrote:
Will_W wrote:
Cool Cool
No worries. It makes me realize more that I need to publicize that feature.

Perhaps it would be worth implementing into the core of Doors CS 7 given the extra space provided by a whole new page ^_^
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Will_W wrote:

Not to mention that it's now a *built-in* feature of Doors CS.
See above. Very Happy If my memory is wrong, I'll absolutely implement it, though. If I recall correctly it's about 200b of code.
Oh, excellent Smile Which release did you do that with? I was always happy with the arrow-key interface so I never spent extensive time playing with TabFunctions anyway.
elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, excellent Smile Which release did you do that with? I was always happy with the arrow-key interface so I never spent extensive time playing with TabFunctions anyway.
Yup, I just checked mainmouse.asm and I did indeed implement number-key execution. I must have added it for 6.1 or something; sadly, I see I neglected to mention it in the Doors CS changelog

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours