Hey, I am learning japanese. I learned it a longtime ago but I dicided to catch up on it. I changed alot of my thing to japanese, including Opera and some of the windows things. I need a good tutorial so I can relearn it. If anyone has learned it, is learning it, or wants to learn it and know some good tutorials.

-swivel
Yes, I've been doing the same thing for the past couple of months as well; after 8 years of not using Japanese, I've forgotten nearly the whole language...

Take a look for some torrents for "Pimsleur" and "Japanese"...you'll get some *VERY* useful things there.
So...how's the progress Swivel?
I've always wondered (sorry if I'm intruding on the topic) what a Japenese Keyboard looked like. [blatant sarcasm]Are there 2000 or so keys? [/blatant sarcasm]
There's either some kind of shortcut system to build chars or it uses the phonetic character set...
It's a regular keyboard with hiragana and katakana in the corner of the keys:

So...how's the progress Swivel?
M'lady was studying Japanese, but had to drop it a semester ago because of the engineering workload; she'll hopefully pick it up agian soon. How goes the struggle?
My friend Jason, when signing up for classes at UVM had no idea what he wanted to major in, so he was like "uhhhh....Japanese" and he's loving it.
Screw Japanese, Italian is the way to go.
Svakk wrote:
Screw Japanese, Italian is the way to go.

lulz; no one speaks I-talian.
Italian is pretty simple tbh, because in Italy, every hand motion could represent a word....It's like they were deaf at some point in their lives.
Random Ancient Thread Bump?
swivelgames wrote:
Random Ancient Thread Bump?

Yes and you're late to the party Razz

SO..........you still learning?
Nope. Taught myself a good bit of it but I've forgotten since then Razz

I'm a deutsch-bag now Laughing
Nice, German is a fun language, it's cool to see what it does and does not contribute to English and by extension where the Romance languages filled in instead of it.
I've recently become all weaboo and the like, so I'm thinking about learning some actual Japanese. I'd like to play some Visual Novels, you see, and no one bothers to translate them, so learning to read Japanese (and to look up kanji) is the only way to go.
KermMartian wrote:
Nice, German is a fun language, it's cool to see what it does and does not contribute to English and by extension where the Romance languages filled in instead of it.

Might I point you to the title of this thread?

jbr wrote:
I've recently become all weaboo and the like

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours