Doors CS 7: 3 app pages, 49KB. Is this ok?
Yes, I have the space, provided you make the feature set worth it.
 91%  [ 41 ]
No, even with the features I can't afford three app pages.
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

Maybe he should write a replacement OS XD

DOS XD

So you are suggesting making the BASIc program edit screen with the tiny letters?

You would be able to see more at the same time.
elfprince13 wrote:
There'd need to be some way to hook an event handler into the current text editing widget.

Really? I figured he could just read the contents of a program, and dump it into a temp program, and utilize doc de in the sense of looks, without all the formatting stuff. When pressing Enter, would auto throw up a : char.. and give access to the commands, either via normal button presses, or menu selection in program.. *shrugs*

I might be over simplifying things tho. XD
tifreak8x wrote:

Really? I figured he could just read the contents of a program, and dump it into a temp program, and utilize doc de in the sense of looks, without all the formatting stuff. When pressing Enter, would auto throw up a : char.. and give access to the commands, either via normal button presses, or menu selection in program.. *shrugs*

I might be over simplifying things tho. XD

pretty much. all that stuff would require hooks to modify the way the text editing routine works (hijacking enters, deletes, clears, and modifying the buffer, forcing re-renders), if I remember anything about the GUI system, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one (besides Kerm) who's used it extensively.
Yup, elfprince is completely correct about this. It would be substantially challenging (or at least very space consuming) to use the multilineText interface, as I'd have to do a ton of token-to-string conversions, back-conversions, and length checks. I think it's safe to say it would be a big challenge, although I would be willing to give it a try if you guys feel it would be a big enough advantage to Doors CS.
heh, you shouldn't have to ask, I thought you said you LIKED challenges. =p

honestly tho, I was not aware it would be -that- complicated, but then, I don't do asm, so yeah, shows what I know. XD

*goes back to piddling with one of his many projects*
Maybe you can throw in a asm compiler/editor =P
How about a parser hook for running programs from the homescreen? :\
In the DCS 7 Roadmap Thread Page 9, KermMartian wrote:
To Add:
:: Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
:: Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
:: Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
:: Update the SDK
:: Everything else?

Razz
How about an icon editor for programs? Very Happy
You mean something like this?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38904.html
Reapex wrote:
How about an icon editor for programs? Very Happy
I searched that and discovered I've been asked that a lot before. Would that really be something valuable for people?
yeah keith, that definitely works. ^_^

See Kerm, don't need to make something that already exists. =p

I wonder if it can be further optimized.. hmm.. <<
KeithJohansen wrote:

I didn't know Sad

It is pretty useful, I remember drawing it out by hand and getting the hex coordinates of each pixel and inputting it manually... Sad
it's alright, I built that program when I was working on the pokemon sprites, to help speed things along, and I went ahead and made it for the 3 popular sprite sizes.

Kerm should promote this with DCS.. =p
How's this coming 'long, Kerm?
tifreak8x wrote:
it's alright, I built that program when I was working on the pokemon sprites, to help speed things along, and I went ahead and made it for the 3 popular sprite sizes.

Kerm should promote this with DCS.. =p
Kerm should indeed. Smile

I'm afraid I have four exhausting 10-hour days at work this week, but I'll but good to go to work on this again after the long weekend. Right now I'm trying to sketch out the arbitrarily iterative RunProg and tease apart the VATFind routine.
Okay, i got an idea.

Can you make a library on this site of all of the Doors Apps? It really bugs me searching online to find out all of the cool apps that could be available. Also, can you buff up the mouse kernal thing to make it the actual mouse in doors cs6? I'm trying to make an app for it but i can't get the regular mouse which is what i need. Grazie!

[EDIT]
Also, everytime my memory resets, all of my folders in DCS6 are lost, is there a way you can have it all saved in DCS7?
If memory serves, shouldn't that have been saved in the appvar backup? If not, that is something that should be considered.
@Svakk
1) List of Doors CS ASM programs: can do, I'll put it on http://dcs.cemetech.net
2) Mouse Kernel: Only if I actually expose the GUI library to BASIC as someone has been nagging me to do.
3) Folder Saving: OK, here's the deal with this. I've been asked to do this many, many times. My main objection is that even if I bother storing the folder structure in the AppVar (which it currently isn't by the way, tifreak, for the reason I'm about to mention), when your calculator resets you're still going to end up with a desktop full of programs. Even if your folders are saved, the folder flag for programs is stored with their VAT entry, which the TI-OS intelligently puts in RAM. Forcing the folder flag to be stored in ROM would require synchronizing the RAM VAT with the backup copy of the VAT stored with the ROM contents of each archived program, used to reconstruct the VAT after a crash. I've always assumed that the wear and tear of erasing and rewriting an entire page of ROM every time you move a program from folder to folder wasn't worth having to spend a few minute rearranging program. Am I incorrect?
KermMartian wrote:
@Svakk
1) List of Doors CS ASM programs: can do, I'll put it on http://dcs.cemetech.net
2) Mouse Kernel: Only if I actually expose the GUI library to BASIC as someone has been nagging me to do.
3) Folder Saving: OK, here's the deal with this. I've been asked to do this many, many times. My main objection is that even if I bother storing the folder structure in the AppVar (which it currently isn't by the way, tifreak, for the reason I'm about to mention), when your calculator resets you're still going to end up with a desktop full of programs. Even if your folders are saved, the folder flag for programs is stored with their VAT entry, which the TI-OS intelligently puts in RAM. Forcing the folder flag to be stored in ROM would require synchronizing the RAM VAT with the backup copy of the VAT stored with the ROM contents of each archived program, used to reconstruct the VAT after a crash. I've always assumed that the wear and tear of erasing and rewriting an entire page of ROM every time you move a program from folder to folder wasn't worth having to spend a few minute rearranging program. Am I incorrect?

1) It won't let me access the site, it gives me an error/ forrbidden acess page.
2) Sounds Good
3) Don't worry about it then. I was just wondering cuz its a pain in my batookas tryin to rearrange the files into folders everytime my calc resets.

Grazie!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours