A bunch of new things in my life, but most significantly, I am now officially an Electrical Engineer! I graduated from Cooper Union as a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in EE, and will next be beginning my graduation work. I figured I should probably post a news article about this, as I recall posting one when I graduated high school four years ago. As then, I'd like to share a brief overview of my programming plans for the summer. Unfortunately due to commitments they're quite brief indeed, but I do tentatively plan to try to bang out some if not all of the work I need to on Doors CS 7. We'll see how that goes. From my lessons of last summer, I think I'll forego making deadlines for now.

In other news, I was gratified to see that I recently passed Marcos Lopez once again to reach #11 of all time, with just under three-quarters of a million downloads on the venerable community calculator site ticalc.org. Here's to another quarter-million soon after I get Doors CS 7 finally completed.

way to go Kerm!
Eeems wrote:
way to go Kerm!
Thanks Eeems. Smile I plan to try to start staring at the Doors CS 7 code either this weekend or next week; I'm interspersing it with some work on my thesis.
sweet! now we can see some progress!
Eeems wrote:
sweet! now we can see some progress!
Hopefully. Once again, no guarantees, and although I don't think my z80 has gotten too rusty, I'm way out of touch with the monstrosity that is the Doors CS 6.2 program flow.
ah yeah, I hate coming back to old programs. it takes forever to figure them back out...
KermMartian wrote:
I'm way out of touch with the monstrosity that is the Doors CS 6.2 program flow.

Perfect time for a re-architecture then. Start DCS 7 from scratch, and cut out failures like cn2 and gcn.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'm way out of touch with the monstrosity that is the Doors CS 6.2 program flow.

Perfect time for a re-architecture then. Start DCS 7 from scratch, and cut out failures like cn2 and gcn.
That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Despite all the extra work I think it could use a rebuild.
I really thought that the topic title meant that you had graduated with the 11th best GPA in Cooper Union's history. That would have been much more epic.

But still, grats on both. And good luck figuring out Doors again. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I plan to try to start staring at the Doors CS 7 code either this weekend or next week

Yay!
@foamy3: No, afraid not, sorry to disappoint you. That would be hard to do, I'm sure there have been eleven people with 4.0s, although none in the past 8 years. The closest someone got at my graduation was a single B+, bringing them down to 3.995. If I was 11th at Cooper, I would have used a comma instead of a semicolon in the title. Smile

@ZagorNBK: Thanks for the enthusiasm, I hope that I can live up to it. Smile
I'm excited for DCS 7. Also, grats on the graduation, but I told you that already Smile

Also.......fix the file editor!
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm excited for DCS 7. Also, grats on the graduation, but I told you that already Smile

Also.......fix the file editor!
Glad to hear it and thank you again, respectively.

Fixed. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
If I was 11th at Cooper, I would have used a comma instead of a semicolon in the title.

Ah, but isn't a semicolon used to link two sentences on the same topic?
foamy3 wrote:

Guess its a good thing Kerm isn't an English major Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Guess its a good thing Kerm isn't an English major Very Happy
Hey, I am significantly better in English than most of my engineering peers; I value my ability to express myself. Razz See, I used the semicolon properly in that sentence. I actually overuse the semicolon a lot, which is why I take offense at that. Smile
First: Congratulation Kerm!!

Second: Why didn't take double major English with Electric Engineering? Unless, you already took another major along with EE?
QuinnZhao wrote:

Second: Why didn't take double major English with Electric Engineering? Unless, you already took another major along with EE?
Oh believe me, the workload at my school barely allows you to sleep with a single major, let alone a minor or a double major. Very Happy

And thanks . Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Fixed. Smile

YAY. Much winsauce was had by all. or the admins anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
QuinnZhao wrote:

Oh believe me, the workload at my school barely allows you to sleep with a single major, let alone a minor or a double major. Very Happy

And thanks . Smile

Somebody has poor time management skills Razz Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours