Doors CS 7: 3 app pages, 49KB. Is this ok?
Yes, I have the space, provided you make the feature set worth it.
 91%  [ 41 ]
No, even with the features I can't afford three app pages.
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

In order to do justice to group handling, a fully-separated RunProg implementation, possibly compression, etc, I am thinking that three app pages (a 48KB app) will be necessary. I can probably cram (very) limited upgrades into the current 32KB, but it will be a stretch. Here's the poll: is a 3-page, 48KB Doors CS 7 ok with you? Vote and discuss, please.
If the features are worth it, OK.

May I suggest a compilation conditional to exclude them if necessary?
You would have to make the features worth it. Might I suggest maybe getting with either Brandon W or benryves to see about possible optimizations you yourself might have missed? Never know what someone else might see in the code. =]
Just go with three app pages. Space isn't the concern it was a few years ago when this was being debated. Nobody has a 83+ anymore.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Just go with three app pages. Space isn't the concern it was a few years ago when this was being debated. Nobody has a 83+ anymore.

Correction: nobody BUYS an 83+ anymore. When I was in middle school (6-7 years ago) people were still using 82s occasionally. Everyone I know now has an 84+ series, or an 89-Titanium.
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Correction: nobody BUYS an 83+ anymore. When I was in middle school (6-7 years ago) people were still using 82s occasionally. Everyone I know now has an 84+ series, or an 89-Titanium.

Back in my day we used TI-73's Very Happy
I'd be ok with the 3 app pages because you wouldn't have to have a separate app for the group handling, it may be kind of tight on my 83+, but I wouldn't mind (unless I was playing one of the Illusiat games...)
i just got my mem cleared for testing so i have plenty of room Wink
Quote:
Back in my day we used TI-73's

Haha. I got one of those things in my desk drawer, haven't used that in like 12 years. Haha.
Rhombus P. wrote:

They actually clear your calc for testing? Where and for what test? I took the SATs, ACTs, and countless highschool and college exams and have NEVER had nor seen a calculator checked or cleared.
At least you people HAD TI graphing calculators back in the day. I had to use an abacus and string Sad

Anywho, I'm perfectly fine with DCS expanding to 48KB if you indeed are able to implement much of the desired functionality talked about in the Roadmap thread.
foamy3 wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

They actually clear your calc for testing? Where and for what test? I took the SATs, ACTs, and countless highschool and college exams and have NEVER had nor seen a calculator checked or cleared.

When I was in middle school the teachers would come by and clear everyone's calcs prior to an exam.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Nobody has a 83+ anymore.

I do, and I have about .5 free archive sectors.

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

When I was in middle school the teachers would come by and clear everyone's calcs prior to an exam.

I've never had a proctor/teacher clear my memory. Granted, all anyone ever clear(s|ed) at my school is/was RAM anyway, so I'd be perfectly safe...
The APs specifically allow any "calculator programs which you are accustomed to using in class"
elfprince13 wrote:
The APs specifically allow any "calculator programs which you are accustomed to using in class"

Epic win!
^-(this is at least for Calculus AB, when I took it 2 years ago)
foamy3 wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

If I remember correctly, when I took the SAT's in middle school (I had to if I wanted to get into a course I wanted to do) we HAD to clear our calculators memory fully prior to the exam and could only use programs that we wrote during the exam.
So far it sounds like only Tari would have a major hardship from a 3-page app, and also that most people want me to make it worth their while to use the extra pages by having the features to match. That's fine with me, so I think I will expand to three pages, but if I can I will try to build a conditional compilation to keep a 2-page version for those who need it. If it turns out to be too logistically challenging, I may just end up dropping that.
Glenn wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

If I remember correctly, when I took the SAT's in middle school (I had to if I wanted to get into a course I wanted to do) we HAD to clear our calculators memory fully prior to the exam and could only use programs that we wrote during the exam.

Wow; my precalculus and AP Physics teachers require us to completely clear our calculators... my math teacher even got mad at me for writing a program during the test... Sad

But hey, I just use a spare ti83+ exclusively for tests, leaving my 84+SE for actual programming... (I'm kinda opposed to using BrandonW's Fake because if anyone found out, people would think I was cheating...)

Anyways, woots for Kerm's 3-page app!
yep, we have to get them cleared for testing, so i backed mine up.

anyways, it took them like an hour just to get everyone cleared cause they had no clue how to do it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours