5Force wrote:
Elfprince, you do realise elrune is right on some points.
Taking a project of this size with a team of two and expecting results, as well as keeping it as far from the people as you can really isn't the way to go.

read the topic Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Help is always welcome, however I want some idea of your coding background and your capabilities before I give you access to the SVN repository. Calcy and I are still cleaning up the steaming pile of crap that was the TBM codebase (actually, TBMs code was okay....just really disjointed, and not particularly clean, but we also have to replace the crap-tastic VBL code it was built on top of).
I have.
You rebutted elrune with random facts and used the whole thing as a recruiting opportunity for you.
worse, you have openly stated that the project is cut off from the community and the people who want TBG most.

EDIT: If you want to prove that you have done any work and persuade elrune that this will be done before the fiery, heat-death of the universe, amkil makes a good point.
There is work being done, I can assure you. I agree that in this case a Cathedral style development cycle may not be the best thing for the project, but I think that we should reach a compromise.

If we put up a detailed to do list and give people certain tasks, allowing them the resources they need to complete those tasks (files etc) then I think we can keep a tremendous amount of people from forking it, or messing it up, and still get the community involved and docile.
5Force: Don't double post
5Force wrote:
If you want to prove that you have done any work and persuade elrune that this will be done before the fiery, heat-death of the universe, amkil makes a good point.

I have no interest in proving anything. Griping won't make this go any faster. Being helpful will.

CyberPrime wrote:
If we put up a detailed to do list and give people certain tasks, allowing them the resources they need to complete those tasks (files etc) then I think we can keep a tremendous amount of people from forking it, or messing it up, and still get the community involved and docile.

I've been trying to do this from day one. The people who volunteered for certain tasks, for a large part, have not followed through, and if anything have slowed progress by allowing me to think that certain tasks which needed to be done were being done, when I could have been getting them done. I can't take feedback from a community that doesn't provide feedback other than complaining. What I would love is for people with a vested interest in contributing to volunteer. And for everyone to post ideas here. This is the TBG development forum, and this is the appropriate place for them. I can't act on ideas posted where I don't see them.
Alright, so now let's see if any of them follow through with their offer to help.
Elrune Stop Wineing And Help!
As i said earlier, i'll help if i can, since elfy can't figure out how to get the tail outta his anal region and include you/us with his updates.

~~~Beat That Hotwheels~~~
sswb1 wrote:

Elrune, stop whining and help!

Svakk wrote:
As i said earlier, i'll help if i can, since elfy can't figure out how to get the tail outta his anal region and include you/us with his updates.

As I said earlier, I'll help if I can, since elfprince13 can't figure out how to get the tail out of his ass and include us in his updates.

~~~Beat That Hot Wheels~~~
Grammar Nazi wrote:
sswb1 wrote:

Svakk wrote:

As I said earlier, I'll help if I can, since elfprince13 can't figure out how to get the tail out of his ass and include us in his updates.

You're just the one of a few [fanatics] who have tried to improve this community and/or point something out. Your effort is futile, sorry.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
sswb1 wrote:

Svakk wrote:

You're just the one of a few [fanatics] who have tried to improve this community and/or point something out. Your effort is futile, sorry.

You're just one of a few [fanatics] who have tried to improve this community and/or point something out.
Grammar Nazi wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

You're just one of a few [fanatics] who have tried to improve this community and/or point something out.
Technically, I'm right. It's along the same lines as "The one time I go out and buy..." I'm speaking about an individual object as a whole, whether a person or an event. It's not necessarily wrong as much as it is correct.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours