:Disp "Installing...
:Archive ∟D1
:Archive ∟D2
:Archive ∟D3
:Archive ∟D4
:End
:Disp "Installed!

**Edit** the Hez is acualy Hex
interesting, what's this program suppose to do though? I understand the installation part, but what is the purpose of the rest of it
Seconded on eeems's feedback. And I definitely recommend you use Return instead of Stop; Stop makes programs quit to the homescreen no matter what, while Return will make them quit either to the homescreen or to a shell like Doors CS depending on where they were run from.
the first part is used for detecting xLIB and this is for my game that i started many times a graphical version of Diablo 100 years after Diablo 2. i am planning on using xLIB quite a bit.
hmm, sounds interesting, I'm going to keeps tab's on this. keep us posted on your progress
KermMartian wrote:
Seconded on eeems's feedback. And I definitely recommend you use Return instead of Stop; Stop makes programs quit to the homescreen no matter what, while Return will make them quit either to the homescreen or to a shell like Doors CS depending on where they were run from.

But it's telling the user to enable xlib through the app button. I've never used stop before because you usually need return, but it seems like stop would be a better command.
In Diablo there will be 3 character classes 9 weapon class with 7 weapons in each class there are 3 acts a save file that is a list with auto cheching for coruption uses xLIB and 5-10 skills each character class.
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

But it's telling the user to enable xlib through the app button. I've never used stop before because you usually need return, but it seems like stop would be a better command.

I could point out that not having xLib installed usually indicates the absence of xLib itself... plus, I think most users would rather have it return to a shell...

movallerik wrote:
In Diablo there will be 3 character classes 9 weapon class with 7 weapons in each class there are 3 acts a save file that is a list with auto cheching for coruption uses xLIB and 5-10 skills each character class.

I would highly suggest that you write a lib to handle moving around a map first, before you get too heavily involved with your game. A well written program that enables a user to move around a map is central to the programming aspect of a game like this.
rthprog wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I could point out that not having xLib installed usually indicates the absence of xLib itself... plus, I think most users would rather have it return to a shell...

movallerik wrote:

I would highly suggest that you write a lib to handle moving around a map first, before you get too heavily involved with your game. A well written program that enables a user to move around a map is central to the programming aspect of a game like this.

i was wanting to get all of the data like character stats, weapons relics armor Acts areas and Monsters
i edited my code moving the installation part to its own program
so here is my start of my game

Code:

:Dcs
"E0D0C8C8C89020C0"
:END
1:real(0)
if not(Ans:Then
ClrHome
Output(1,1,"PLZ ENABLE xLIB VIA APPS MENU
0:Repeat Ans
getkey:End
Return:End
real(12,6,0,0,95,63
real(13,1
text(0,1,"AFTER THE 3rd BATTLE WITH
text(6,1,"THE FORCES OF EVIL LEAD BY
text(12,1,"DIABLO WAS BANISHED BACK
text(18,1,"TO HELL PERNIMETLY.
text(24,1,"THE WORLD IS SAFE FOREVER
TEXT(30,1,"OR SO PEOPLE THOUGHT...
For(A,0,6500
End
real(13,1
text(-1,0,0,"DIABLO'S REVENGE
real(12,1,0,8,95,8
Just replace
Code:
:For(A,0,6500
:End
with
Code:
:Pause
, it's better and easier.

Edit: also, it should look like this:

::DCS
:E0D0C8C8C89020C0
:codecodecode
:morecode

Code:

:DCS
E0D0C8C8C89020C0
ClrHome
lbl Q
real(12,6,0,0,95,63
real(13,1
text(0,1,"After the 3rd Battle with
text(6,1,"the forces of evil lead by
text(12,1,"Diablo was banished back
text(18,1,"to Hell permently.
text(24,1,"the world is safe forever
text(30,1,"or so people thought...
Pause
real(13,1
text(-1,0,0,"Diablo's Revenge
real(12,1,0,8,95,8
text(9,1,"1) Play Game
text(15,1,"2) Install Game
text(21,1,"3) Battle.net  /// this function will not be operationable at first.
text(27,1,"4) Options
test(33,1,"5) Quit
0:While Ans=0 or Ans<=5
getkey
End
Ans->K
if K=1:"PLAY
if K=2:"INSTALL
if K=3:"NET
if K=4:"OPTIONS
if K=5:Goto Q

I've updated the code till the main menu loop.
battle.net? is that some connectivity system?
rthprog wrote:
I'm assuming he wants to do some kind of two-player linking?
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:

Battle.net is the online multiplayer server Blizzard uses for all of there games

Code:

getkey
End
Ans->K
Ans
real(10,0,0
prgmXTEMP000
real(10,1,0

Will this using xLIB use the string or will i need to do that manualy Question
movallerik wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:

Battle.net is the online multiplayer server Blizzard uses for all of there games
*their games. There is a place, their is a possessive. Smile

So what does it mean in the context of your game? Are you planning on making a way to connect it to their servers?
no just a two player link to either help each other or to battle each other. i named it that way because it just seemed to be easier then put Multiplayer. less characters are used so it would be less memory taken up.
movallerik wrote:

Code:

getkey
End
Ans->K
Ans
real(10,0,0
prgmXTEMP000
real(10,1,0

Will this using xLIB use the string or will i need to do that manualy Question

I figured it out so my code looks like this

Code:

:DCS
E0D0C8C8C89020C0
ClrHome
lbl Q
ClrDraw:ZStandard:Output(1,1,"
CoordOff:GridOff:AxesOff:LabelOff
real(12,6,0,0,95,63
real(13,1
text(0,1,"After the 3rd Battle with
text(6,1,"the forces of evil lead by
text(12,1,"Diablo was banished back
text(18,1,"to Hell permently.
text(24,1,"the world is safe forever
text(30,1,"or so people thought...
Pause
Lbl M
real(12,6,0,0,95,63
real(13,1
text(-1,0,0,"Diablo's Revenge
real(12,1,0,8,95,8
text(9,1,"1) Play Game
text(15,1,"2) Install Game
text(21,1,"3) Battle.net  /// this function will not be operationable at first.
text(27,1,"4) Options
test(33,1,"5) Quit
0:repeat Ans>=83 and Ans<=94
getkey
End
Ans->K
if K>83 and K<92:Goto M
if K=92:"PLAY
if K=93:"INSTALL
if K=94:"NET
if K=82:"OPTIONS
if K=83:Goto Q
real(10,0,0
prgmXTEMP000
real(10,1,0

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours