Eeems wrote:
hmm, they look interesting, actually I was thinking about adding he second one, but I hadn't done anything yet

It would be impossible without actually modifying xDCS...

My primary concern is that modifications my program will make might slow down the GUI too much =(
Updates: I've finished making the main menu and the about screen. The program now detects xLIB and CelticIII installations. Started working on the "Create New Project" menu, it now creates an appvar with the name of your choice. Realized that Celtic III doesn't like lowercase characters in prog/appvar names. If anyone is interested, I can e-mail him the current version.

I want to include the logo from the About screen in DCS6, but with the double ^ inversed to look like an X. Is it possible for Kerm to put the logo into an ordinary Pic for use in xDCS?
I'd love to take a look, by the way, how did you achieve the detection of Celtic III installation? I can't figure out how, I can only detect xLib.
Could you post up some code? I would love to be able to use the latest version before I *really* start working on a xDCS mod kit =D
You can download the demo here: http://ourl.ca/2816/61145

Kerm, you really should make a "file attachment" option for posts...
I'll check it out when I get home
ZagorNBK wrote:
seconded
Eeems wrote:
I'll check it out when I get home
ZagorNBK wrote:
seconded
I'll take that under advisement, definitely sounds like a good idea.
UPDATE

I made some modifications to the old xDCS. (I mainly made modifications to the mouse)
1.) generally a little faster; For example, pressing and holding an arrow key will keep the mouse in a control loop that does not recalculate increments. Not a huge jump in speed, but it certainly makes running it on a 83+ nicer.
2.) Mouse acceleration. Lets you move just 1 pixel at a time and still make it to the other side of the screen quickly.
3.) "Snap". When the mouse is in close proximity to a point-of-interest (a button), the mouse automatically jumps to it, making pressing small buttons very easy even when mouse speed is very high. xDCS automatically adds buttons and close buttons to the list of "points of interest", but the coder is still free to add other points as well as remove points.

I'll post it up as soon as I can...
Hehe, I'm quite impressed at what you're doing with this. Kudos on implementing acceleration just like DCS itself. Smile
I've made some updates on the xDCS GUI Editor:
http://ourl.ca/2816/61145

EDIT: And I'm really impressed by what rthprog has done!
wow Zagor, that's amazing! also just a quick note about what I posted earlier on, I had talked about a text wrapper program, and I am pleased to announce that I have finished it and I am going to release it on Ticalc. I added in three checks into it, now it will give the correct spacing for lowercase 'm' and 'w' as well as '!' and ' '. I'll post a link as soon as I have it uploaded
I'm debating actually removing the snap feature; I tried to automate as much as I could, but ultimately the programmer will still need to do some list manipulation if they want to use it... oh well, I'll leave it in for now.

My ultimate goal is to make a celtic based program that easily the user to easily modify xDCS, but for now that will wait =D
I uploaded my work as "OPENXDCS" to the CT archives...
download here : http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/OPENxDCS.zip

please keep in mind that it is a work in progress; I WILL polish addon management, as well as optimize OPENXDCS a bit. hopefully.

Quote:
To install an addon (such as XDSNAP), simply run the included prgmOPENADD. It will prompt you for the source program; simply type "OPENXDCS". Then, it will prompt for "ADDprgm"; simply type the name of your addon, such as "XDSNAP".

To create an addon, you need to adhere to the following convention:
OPENXDCS will pass your addon either a 0 or a 1 through Ans. When it passes your addon a 0, it means the OPENXDCS has not done anything yet; you can set up, intercept, etc.... If it passes you a 1, then OPENXDCS is calling your addon while the user is not moving the cursor; this is the time to run any very very very fast code that you have.

----Basic Addon structure----

Code:
:if Ans
:Then
: //Code to run while user can move mouse (needs to be FAST)
:Else
:If L1(1)=1
:Then
://Initialize code
:End
:// Code to run whenever OPENXDCS is run.  Can be used to intercept OPENXDCS inputs for say, a skin.
:End

Here are some possible addons:
1.) a skin. Intercepts all "create window" and "create button" commands, drawing some custom image.
2.) a already mentioned cursor-changer-thing. When the user is not pressing keys, OPENXDCS could call it, checking where the cursor is, and updating the sprite coordinates accordingly
3.) a interface/wrapper. Basically, it calls OPENXDCS, allowing it to control all inputs and outputs, and stops the first layer of OPENXDCS from running.
4.) a dock. useless, but it is certainly possible, and sounds like fun. Plus, it would be insanely cool =D
Update: Now you can view several "pages" of files in the "open file" window instead of only the 1st 6. And I've added the cool scrollbar to that same window! But it took a pretty big amount of time to figure out how to do all of that.

Check it out here :http://ourl.ca/2816/61241
ZagorNBK wrote:
Update: Now you can view several "pages" of files in the "open file" window instead of only the 1<sup>st</sup 6. And I've added the cool scrollbar to that same window! But it took a pretty big amount of time to figure out how to do all of that.

Check it out here :http://ourl.ca/2816/61241

what does that mean? Is it a special type of window?
Update: Just some minor bug fixes and error detections. And I've just started doing the design of the main editing window. Renamed it to XDCSEDIT so that people who prefer to use the previous xDCS lib will be able to have both on their calc (and without getting confused).

Linky: http://ourl.ca/2816/61272
for all those who haven't been following along on Omnimagna, I have made a little program that will mimic the text input boxes in DCS6
Linky to thread
Linky to file

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours