When was the last time you programmed your calculator?
Psh, 3 minutes ago
 38%  [ 7 ]
A couple days
 11%  [ 2 ]
A few weeks
 22%  [ 4 ]
Several years
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Shock Oh wow, you seriously need a graph-link cable or at least access to SourceCoder 2.
Though you shouldn't use it to cheat, you *could* use BrandonW's "Fake" app so that your programs are saved...

Also, its often handy to use Omnicalc's backup system in case your mem resets in order to salvage code.

I would also like to point out that rewriting code because it doesn't work is pretty idiotic; just dive into your code and try to fix the problem... TiOS usually points you straight to the vast majority of errors...
rthprog wrote:
Though you shouldn't use it to cheat, you *could* use BrandonW's "Fake" app so that your programs are saved...

Also, its often handy to use Omnicalc's backup system in case your mem resets in order to salvage code.

I would also like to point out that rewriting code because it doesn't work is pretty idiotic; just dive into your code and try to fix the problem... TiOS usually points you straight to the vast majority of errors...

it was a graphical rpg based around the diablo 2 world and i did not know enough to program it at that time and considering im one of the only programmers in the school, havent taken the time to learn Omnicalcs backup system i have always used groups and grouptool and know all i have is StarCraft: protoss, DocDE6, OmniCalc font editior, a couple of calc programs, and a couple of KermMartian programs i put through SC2 and mannuly programmed them them onto the calc since i cannot use a computer at home.
movallerik wrote:
rthprog wrote:

it was a graphical rpg based around the diablo 2 world and i did not know enough to program it at that time and considering im one of the only programmers in the school, havent taken the time to learn Omnicalcs backup system i have always used groups and grouptool and know all i have is StarCraft: protoss, DocDE6, OmniCalc font editior, a couple of calc programs, and a couple of KermMartian programs i put through SC2 and mannuly programmed them them onto the calc since i cannot use a computer at home.

omnicalc's backup system is automatic; just download omnicalc and apply that setting. there really isn't anything to learn... the thing about groups is that it just takes more time to constantly create and delete groups...(I'm also one of the few programmers at my school, but that doesn't interfere with my coding... I just learned on my own. )

how did you get DocDE/ DCS if you can't download programs?!! =D

oh god... are you using his ancient BASIC programs? Kerm's assembly programs are lightyears ahead of the BASIC ones...

just a quick question... outside of calculators, what programming experience do you have? Basically, what languages do you know?
i took one year of visual basic and im almost done with my first semester of C#
nice =D have you considered AP Computer Science... aka Java?

are there any (coding) projects that you're working on? Again, I would love to see/comment on them!
my high school does not offer any AP computer sciences classes and next year they are droping C# because there are only 5 students in the class including me. and they might be droping visual basic in a couple of years because there is only 5-8 students in that class. I might try to learn java by myself but i will need to buy a computer before i do because my parents do not want me programming on there computer.
rthprog wrote:

If you ask around at your school, you can take any AP test. Your school doesn't need to offer a class. And the AP test isn't language specific. Iirc, you get to choose which language you want to code in.
foamy3 wrote:
rthprog wrote:

If you ask around at your school, you can take any AP test. Your school doesn't need to offer a class. And the AP test isn't language specific. Iirc, you get to choose which language you want to code in.
Nope, College Board chooses which language the AP test is on. It used to be C++, then they changed it to Java. If you don't know Java, it'll be quite difficult to take the AP, I'd imagine.
movallerik wrote:
my high school does not offer any AP computer sciences classes and next year they are droping C# because there are only 5 students in the class including me. and they might be droping visual basic in a couple of years because there is only 5-8 students in that class. I might try to learn java by myself but i will need to buy a computer before i do because my parents do not want me programming on there computer.

ugh, I hate parents like yours.
@rthprog definitely, especially if their justification is that they are afraid you will break their computer with your 1337 HAX!
i love my ipod touch because i could chech the forums any time.
i am just a beganner at programming in general.
movallerik wrote:
i love my ipod touch because i could chech the forums any time.
i am just a beganner at programming in general.
Awesome. I hope that we can make you an expert, and maybe in the process improve your grammar and punctuation a bit.
Grammer and punchation is not my strong point but I have a classmate review all of my storyline of Diablo

When using my iPod touch it helps me with spelling but I am using safari insted of firefox and other times I'm at school during computer science or in my engennering(sp?) class

I first started ti-basic in 8th grade writing a game called madlibs that was full of lbls and gotos so I have improved a little bit.
movallerik wrote:
punchation

Good Idea

movallerik wrote:
I might try to learn java by myself but i will need to buy a computer before i do because my parents do not want me programming on there computer.

Why not?
movallerik wrote:
When using my iPod touch it helps me with spelling but I am using safari insted of firefox and other times I'm at school during computer science or in my engennering(sp?) class

You really couldn't use firefox anyways... well, you could pay up and vnc, but thats a totally different issue all together. But yeah, I totally understand; I hate that keyboard too....

*EDIT*
This is a pretty common spelling error; It's "grammar", not "grammer"
I now have 5 programs ranging from guitar Hero 2 to a tile map editior to DocDE6 to StarCraft 2 Protoss

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours