hey Zaphod, rthprog asked me to see if you could get my program incorporated into Lunar IDE. take a look and toll me what you think
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=79276#79276
EDIT: here is the file i posted, but I'm currently uploading an update I'll revise this when the update is up
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/Grey.Foxplusv0.5b.zip
Hey, sorry I missed your post. I just got to working on this again after a few month hiatus, so your timing is rather good. I like the ideas you have in your program and I think integrating would be a good idea. There are two ways I could do this: 1, I could integrate it directly in or 2, I could convert it to a plug-in for Lunar IDE so that it could be integrated / not integrated based on the user's volition. So up to you, we if you choose 1, we could discuss the method for integration (of which I have two ideas), if you choose 2, you can either do it yourself (after I publish the IDE), or give it to me, I'll muck around with it to make it a plug-in and publish it under your name with me as a "porter," so to speak. Up to you.
I actually don't know which would be better. maybe the plug in would be better on program size, But it might be easier to put it right into the program itself. I'm not sure, maybe we should try both and find out the which would be better from that
EDIT: I've given it some thought, and i think it would be best to make it a plug in. Feel free to use the code all you want, and if you need any help with what it does just pm me
After a very, very, very long break I started tinkering with Celtic again and finished a preliminary "code-viewer" which actively buffers, cutting down lag. Basically, if the user dosen't press a key for a few seconds, it starts reading the rest of the program so that once the user scrolls down, the string has already been loaded.

I'm going to start working on a capping system and a system to jump to a line in the program.
Hurrah! It's been a while since you've worked on this; I'm glad that you did not abandon it. Smile
Yeah, I hope I can eventually get a finished product out of all of this =D

The biggest problem is that I essentially have to start from scratch because the old code is essentially alien to me now; if only there was a reasonably way to comment lines and name variables Sad
rthprog wrote:
if only there was a reasonably way to comment lines and name variables Sad
I remember some program called JalCC or something like that, and it let you write somewhat more logical code (with comments, variable names, even fake functions) and would then compile it into TI Basic. Unfortunately, the interface seemed rather cluttered, and I never ended up using it much. But I would check it out, because it might be good for a large project.
magicdanw wrote:
rthprog wrote:
if only there was a reasonably way to comment lines and name variables Sad
I remember some program called JalCC or something like that, and it let you write somewhat more logical code (with comments, variable names, even fake functions) and would then compile it into TI Basic. Unfortunately, the interface seemed rather cluttered, and I never ended up using it much. But I would check it out, because it might be good for a large project.

I saw that too, but when I played around with it, I was disappointed... it limited you a lot in what you can do, and it didn't compile into the best code...

@rthprog: you could try it the way I did it with grey.fox+, or you could try making a separate program that contains all the comments and stuff on it that the main program will draw from, but that seems a bit space consuming on your program menu...
I'm planning to integrate xDCS to LunarIDE (see http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83240#83240).
Is it possible to slightly modify LunarIDE (the first version) to make it possible to add xDCS to it as a plugin?
You can try. I don't guarantee it's going to work and it will be very hard on your part. It's not really pluggable, you'd just have to muck with the code. I give you full permission to do so as long as you either put me as the co-author or the like. It will be hard, but good luck.
I just dropped this in the cemetech archives. Download it here
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83/basic/programs/CodeViewer.zip

Essentially, its a very rough "codeviewer" that will prefetch lines of code, particularly when the user decides not to press any buttons for a while. It will also let you move the cursor aound even before tha page has loaded... its rough and kinda bulky/needlessly complicated, but it runs fairly quickly; I focused largely on making the UI snappy.

I still have to optimize, switch to Celtic III, and add a ton of new features... =D I would greatly appreciate it if anyone bothered to run it and/or give me feedback!

Code:
:3→dim(∟IDES
:1→∟IDES(1)
:If ∟IDES(1):1→∟IDES(2)
:ClrHome
:Input "prgm",Str0
:0→θ
:0:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
:θ→Z
:(Z>15)(15-Z)+Z→C
:" "→Str2
:Disp "Loading...
:For(N,1,C
:N:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
:":"+Str9→Str9
:Str2+sub(Str9+"                                ",1,23)→Str2
:End
:C→L
:sub(Str2,2,length(Str2)-1)→Str2
:1→B
:1→V
:ClrDraw
:CoordOff
:GridOff
:AxesOff
:PlotsOff
:FnOff
:Full
:13:Asm(prgmCODEX
:Text(1,3,"             EDIT  TOOL  CODE   FIND
:For(N,1,4
:{3,0,0,8,18N
:Asm(prgmCODEX
:{3,0,0,8,93}:Asm(prgmCODEX
:58
:{3,0,0,62,93
:{1,8,18*3+1,8,18*4-1
:Text(1,1,"
:StorePic 1
:19:Asm(prgmCODEX
:(Z>7)(7-Z)+Z→C
:While 1
:1→A
:While A
:While L<B+C-1
:L+1→L
:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
:Str2+sub(":"+Str9+"                                ",1,23)→Str2
:13:Asm(prgmCODEX
:RecallPic 1
:Text(7V+2,1,"
:DelVar NDelVar A
:(V=C)→E
:While N<C and V>0 and V≤C
:N+1→N
:If E:C-N+1
:Text(7Ans+2,5,sub(Str2,23B-45+23Ans,23
:getKey→A
:If Ans
:Then
:(A=34)-(A=25)+V→V
:If V>C and B=Z-C+1:C→V
:RecallPic 1
:(V=0)-(V=C+1)+V→V
:If N≠C
:(A=34)-(A=25)+B→B
:Z-C+1
:(B=0)-(B=Ans+1)+B→B
:B→D
:DelVar A
:While B=D
:While V>0 and V≤C
:If ∟IDES(2)
:For(N,1,60
:If A:70→N
:While A=0 and L<Z
:L+1→L
:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
:Str2+sub(":"+Str9+"                                 ",1,23)→Str2
:If L=Z:0→∟IDES(2)
:Else
:0:Repeat Ans:getKey:End:Ans→A
:While V>0 and V≤C and A
:(A=34)-(A=25)+V→V
:(V=0)-(V=C+1)+V
:Text(7Ans+2,1,"
:If not(Ans:getKey→A
:C-(C-1)(V=0)→V
:B-(V=1 and B≠1)+(V=C and B≠Z-C+1)→B

*EDIT*
The above code was parsed by SourceCoder2, much thanks to Kerm!
@ Zaphod Beeblebrox: after some thought, I will let the user view the program where he wants to insert the xDCS code instead of making it a plugin for LunarIDE.

@ rthprog: I'll have a look at your program sometime in the next few days...
Just to post a quick update, I finished a pretty quick find and replace routine (which I used to update to CelticIII =D ) and am now working on an "instant search" feature... its kinda complicated, but if embedded, would make coding oh so much easier =D
@ZagorNBK: Cool, sounds like a good solution.
@rthprog: Nifty! How big is its code footprint? How is speed?
Its actually rather fast; I used inString, so the speed actually depends on how many items it has to change. I don't have my calculator on me, but I believe that its roughly 10 lines or so, so not that big!

Of course, writing a decent graphscreen GUI and failsafes will make it a bit bigger in the end, but still, I think that it will end up to be a really useful tool
rthprog wrote:
working on an "instant search" feature... its kinda complicated, but if embedded, would make coding oh so much easier =D
whats this "instant search" feature look like?
Eeems wrote:
rthprog wrote:
working on an "instant search" feature... its kinda complicated, but if embedded, would make coding oh so much easier =D
whats this "instant search" feature look like?

I'm hoping to implement a drop-down "live" search field. Sort of like MacOS' spotlight feature... just with lines of code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours