oh man! I just realized that if I had waited i could have entered Grey.fox+ for this... oh well too bad.
good luck though everybody
I'm curious how come the projects aren't going to be released until after grading is done? Can at least the titles, or a description, be released? I'm really looking forward to seeing what's coming out Smile
Yes, please!
Fine, I can do that. It's not going to take us more than a day or three to grade, though.

Linear Multiplication (BASIC)
HookMan v0.02 (ASM)
XDCS (Hybrid)
Finder (Hybrid)
Syntax Index 83 (BASIC)
Natural Polynomial v1.1 (BASIC)
Divisor (BASIC)
Toolkit v2.1 (BASIC)
I wonder which was Brandon's... Razz

Although...wait...wasn't HookMan already announced and released in preliminary form as part of Google's Summer of Code? It was by someone else too.
magicdanw wrote:
I wonder which was Brandon's... Razz

Although...wait...wasn't HookMan already announced and released in preliminary form as part of Google's Summer of Code? It was by someone else too.

Last time I talked to Brandon about something of the sorts he was trying to convince me to rewrite it and it was using a different method than the one being worked on by the other person. none of the code is the same so there shouldn't be an issue.
Awesome, then! A decent hook manager will make life soooo much easier for people developing hook-based apps.
Andy Janata was working on a hook chaining manager for the Google Summer of Code, yes. He didn't finish it, and it doesn't look like he ever will.

So I wrote one from scratch, yes. It's also an OS patch that preserves hooks on any type of RAM reset (including crashes and the self-test), and since the chaining manager isn't done yet, that's really its biggest selling point at the moment.
brandonw wrote:
Andy Janata was working on a hook chaining manager for the Google Summer of Code, yes. He didn't finish it, and it doesn't look like he ever will.

So I wrote one from scratch, yes. It's also an OS patch that preserves hooks on any type of RAM reset (including crashes and the self-test), and since the chaining manager isn't done yet, that's really its biggest selling point at the moment.

Does the OS patch invalidate to os so it can't be send form one calc to another without some sort of exploit?
TheStorm wrote:
Does the OS patch invalidate to os so it can't be send form one calc to another without some sort of exploit?

you're forgetting that brandon already developed several exploits to match Wink
Brandon is a loser.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Brandon is a loser.

Nikky's mom is more of a loser, but we won't go in to that.
TheStorm wrote:
brandonw wrote:

Right, any sort of OS modification will invalidate it. We can't validate OSes, it's not possible...we don't have the OS public key.

It's of course possible to use exploits to send OSes to other calculators (or if it's an 83+, just pull the battery during "Validating..."), and it's even possible to patch the OS to use the exploit when sending the OS to another calculator, but I think that's overkill.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours