magicdanw wrote:
I can't wait to find out what Brandon's cooked up either! His secrecy bugs me. I remember the first time I heard of him online, when he released Noshell, and I was in the middle of programming CalcUtil - my first program I planned on releasing! Razz

I thought you asked Brandon permission to basically copy stuff from Noshell?
magicdanw wrote:
I can't wait to find out what Brandon's cooked up either! His secrecy bugs me.

It's bugging me, too. It's been extremely hard keeping quiet about it.

7 more days...
Although I didn't plan to participate in the contest I recently just had a breakthrough with a program I've been working on, so we'll see. Original, I believe so since I haven't seen one like it on Ticalc, but it is TI-BASIC and as for graphics, usefulness, etc. not so much. The contest really is just an excuse to upload it somewhere although I probably will up it to Ticalc (I currently don't have any prgms on there, I asked for my base converter to be removed until I make a new version). Anyways, since nothing I've ever seen from Brandon has ever come short of awesome, I too am anxious.
utopiahunter wrote:
Although I didn't plan to participate in the contest I recently just had a breakthrough with a program I've been working on, so we'll see. Original, I believe so since I haven't seen one like it on Ticalc, but it is TI-BASIC and as for graphics, usefulness, etc. not so much. The contest really is just an excuse to upload it somewhere although I probably will up it to Ticalc (I currently don't have any prgms on there, I asked for my base converter to be removed until I make a new version). Anyways, since nothing I've ever seen from Brandon has ever come short of awesome, I too am anxious.
You should give it a try, can't hurt. Oh, I should post a reminder article that there is only a single week left until the end of the contest. Also, long time no see, utopiahunter.
My ideas usually end up being so large-scale that they can't possibly be finished in a short amount of time, so there's always the possibility I just won't finish it and can't upload it. So don't let me discourage you!
brandonw wrote:
My ideas usually end up being so large-scale that they can't possibly be finished in a short amount of time, so there's always the possibility I just won't finish it and can't upload it. So don't let me discourage you!
I'm sure that we'd accept something with partial functionality for grading. Smile But indeed, don't let any one person's projects or entries discourage you from entering.
Mine still isn't done, but I think what's already done is still very useful. Arguably more useful than the incomplete part.
I'm almost finished with mine, just adding some finishing touches. And I still hadn't time to make a readme file...
I haven't got around to starting yet, so I'm not going to be entering.
brandon: Excellent, glad to hear
ZagorNBK: Good, now get that readme done
Foamy3: Sad Sorry to hear that you won't be entering the contest
allynfolksjr wrote:
magicdanw wrote:
I can't wait to find out what Brandon's cooked up either! His secrecy bugs me. I remember the first time I heard of him online, when he released Noshell, and I was in the middle of programming CalcUtil - my first program I planned on releasing! Razz

I thought you asked Brandon permission to basically copy stuff from Noshell?
That's been an ugly misunderstanding in CalcUtil's history. Brandon and I each independently developed the revolutionary method of running archived programs, basic and assembly, directly from the homescreen. Brandon had also formatted the code from Ion and disassembled the code from MirageOS so that Noshell could run shell-based programs. Brandon let me reuse this code so that I didn't have to muck around with re-disassembling MirageOS. But this was old news MirageOS gravy on top of Noshell/CalcUtil awesomeness.
An untimely RAM clear has destroyed both my potential contest submissions.

Can I submit a newer version of a program that I've already released? If not, then I am sorry to say that I am out of the contest.
Ed H wrote:
An untimely RAM clear has destroyed both my potential contest submissions.

Can I submit a newer version of a program that I've already released? If not, then I am sorry to say that I am out of the contest.
I'm afraid not, although I feel your pain with the RAM clear. Sad Hope you are able to recreate your programs for eventual release anyway. Also a reminder to all on the importance of occasionally grouping your in-progress projects. Smile
Those are stupid rules.
They make perfect sense, in my opinion. You don't want one person to enter something they've been working on for years against something that another person started when the contest was announced, because that would be unfair. But there's no way to ensure that someone started working on their entry when the contest was announced, so this is the next best thing.
Wow, thanks for clearing that up. He wasn't just trolling or anything. Rolling Eyes
foamy3 wrote:
Wow, thanks for clearing that up. He wasn't just trolling or anything. Rolling Eyes

It's comments like that which feed trolls. If him acting a certain way gets people to react, then he's succeeded.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore him/her and let him/her look stupid or have an opinion without being given a way to back it up / throw it back at you.

Last day...
I've just sent my entry!
It's called XDCS...
You'll now later why.
A couple days ago, I submitted an update to my entry but didn't get a confirmation notice. Just making sure you received it.

I can't wait to see all these cool programs Smile

We will be able to view them all before the judging right?
quigibo wrote:
A couple days ago, I submitted an update to my entry but didn't get a confirmation notice. Just making sure you received it.

I can't wait to see all these cool programs Smile

We will be able to view them all before the judging right?
No, after the judging. The judging will be much more prompt than for the last contest, though. Razz I have received six entries, from:

A. Sorokine
J. Scheinerman
M. Pierce
K. Horowitz
J. Roussel
A. Tiberg

If your name is not on that list, contact me ASAP. I am posting news to remind people to submit their entries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours