quigibo wrote:
Would I be able to submit multiple entries into the same category? Although I probably wouldn't want to split votes between two of my own programs, I'm just wondering if that could be allowed.
In the past we have specified that only the latest submitted version of each entry would be graded, but I see no particular reason a person could not submit multiple distinct entries, as long as all the entries obey the rules of the contest, ie, are unique, new, and unpublished.
Ten more days!

Whether I win or not, I'm pretty excited, because this contest motivated me to come up with a really neat idea that I think is going to go far once it's released.

It's killing me not being able to talk about the contest.
I'm excited to see what you make.I might do something still on the edge about it.
My program is way better than yours. I'll win for sure.
noahbaby94 wrote:
I'm excited to see what you make.I might do something still on the edge about it.
Ditto, I also look forward to seeing what you come up with for the contest, Brandon.
Is there anything I could win if I were to learn TI-Basic or something and make something really stupid and/or funny(if not useful)?
DShiznit wrote:
Is there anything I could win if I were to learn TI-Basic or something and make something really stupid and/or funny(if not useful)?
Doubtful. It would have to be actually useful, as that's the contest rules.
What if it was as more useful than windows vista? E.g. Windows 7 Hitler edition?
DShiznit wrote:
What if it was as more useful than windows vista? E.g. Windows 7 Hitler edition?

Is that supposed to be funny? Because it really wasn't. I'm kind of upset that I wasted my time loading this thread for your post.
foamy3 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Is that supposed to be funny? Because it really wasn't. I'm kind of upset that I wasted my time loading this thread for your post.
If it was more useful than an operating system written by professional programmers that runs on a double-digit percentage of the world's computers, it would probably win the contest.
Double-digit percentages aren't that great when they're less than 40...
DShiznit wrote:
Double-digit percentages aren't that great when they're less than 40...
That's irrelevant. If 40% of the millions of calculators in the world run your program, then I will consider it useful.
That has to do with exposure, though. Most people would run any program they could get, since most people don't know how to download them or write their own.
This is a stupid argument, though. DShiznitwit made a stupid post, and Kerm just answered the question. Why is it still up for debate?
Does a z80 include file count, or must it be executable?
You can't assemble your program? Why not?
its a z80 math library.

Edit: nevermind it doesn't qualify anyway.
Will_W wrote:
its a z80 math library.

Executable only, or at least an executable to demo the features of your library. Why doesn't it qualify, did you publish about it somewhere?
KermMartian wrote:
Will_W wrote:
its a z80 math library.

Executable only, or at least an executable to demo the features of your library. Why doesn't it qualify, did you publish about it somewhere?

Yes, he just did right here!
I can't wait to find out what Brandon's cooked up either! His secrecy bugs me. I remember the first time I heard of him online, when he released Noshell, and I was in the middle of programming CalcUtil - my first program I planned on releasing! Razz
I asked before I read the rules. It's on RevSoft.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours