Once again it is time for a Cemetech contest. After extensive discussion the users of Cemetech decided this contest should be to create a program with "utility." That is, there is no limitation on what a program can be or do, but instead of being graded on conformance to a particular category, your entry will be graded on how useful it is, be it a math, science, engineering, studying, conversion, or whatever program. Secondary criteria will be size, speed, graphics/interface, and stability. As with the previous contest, the judges will be KermMartian and The Tari. The contest starts now, and the deadline is midnight on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2009. Pure BASIC, hybrid, and pure ASM entries are all accepted, but please note that hybrid and pure ASM entries will be graded separately from pure BASIC, so there will be a BASIC winner and a hybrid/ASM winner. Please also refer to the general Cemetech contest rules for some basic guidelines. As with all previous contests, entries should be emailed to con00st@ceme00ch.net, where both '00's are replaced with 'te'; please submit only a .zip containing your program, source code (if applicable) and a readme. Grading will take into account a clear, concise readme.

Edit: You can now view the discussion and comments about this contest in ticalc.org's article.

Very Happy this might be inspiration to finish up one of my long-dead ASM projects
elfprince13 wrote:
Very Happy this might be inspiration to finish up one of my long-dead ASM projects
That sounds like a good plan, you should definitely enter. Oh, I forgot to mention, if people are planning on entering, can you please post which category you plan to enter in in this topic (BASIC or hybrid/pure ASM)? Thanks. Smile
Ah, I have just the idea of what to submit for this... Very Happy

I am submitting under hybrid BASIC.
I'm loving the banner for this contest. Monkey wrenches are very utility. Laughing

I will be submitting under pure BASIC.
I'm submitting a BASIC program if I can find the time for it.
[quote=foamy3]I'm submitting a BASIC program if I can find the time for it.[/quote]As am I... if I can find my silverlink cable...
swivelgames wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
I'm submitting a BASIC program if I can find the time for it.
As am I... if I can find my silverlink cable...
Surely you guys aren't going to let a little thing like a SilverLink cable stop you from entering the contest. Razz
i'm pretty sure wabbit emu + TI-Connect will get you through Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
i'm pretty sure wabbit emu + TI-Connect will get you through Wink
Exactly, or if worse comes to worse, code it on your calculator and type it into SourceCoder. Razz
Hybrid for me...
Yeah, I just want that to be last thing I have to do ^^,

I'm going to type it on my calc but I'm definitely doing my best to find that link cable... hehe Razz
Pure assembly.
swivelgames wrote:
Yeah, I just want that to be last thing I have to do ^^,

I'm going to type it on my calc but I'm definitely doing my best to find that link cable... hehe Razz
I've used cables that recharge the PS3 controllers from the console, the PSP-to-PC cable, and my camera-to-PC cable to move files to my calculator; I use them interchangeably all the time.
So that's:

- Elfprince: unknown [maybe]
- Zaphod Beeblebrox: pure BASIC
- Ed H: pure BASIC
- foamy3: pure BASIC
- swivelgames: pure BASIC
- ZagorNBK: hybrid
- brandonw: pure ASM
- some18kanal0n3?

And @some18kanal0n3, they might be using 83+'s that actually need the silverlink rather than a USB cable.
heh, given that this is a utilities competition I'm thoroughly expecting to get pWNinated by brandon X_X
elfprince13 wrote:
heh, given that this is a utilities competition I'm thoroughly expecting to get pWNinated by brandon X_X
I'd tend to agree with you, but that shouldn't stop you from coding a superb entry. Smile
I'm participating in hybrid, not pure, fyi.
I'll probably steal someone's program and pass it off as my own.
KermMartian wrote:
And @some18kanal0n3, they might be using 83+'s that actually need the silverlink rather than a USB cable.
Oh, I thought all TI's had a mini-USB Rolling Eyes

And no, I'm not joining - even though this is right up my alley, my sister is putting my 84+SE to good use in AP Calculus or maybe it was Stats, well either course she needs it more than I!

Unless, I can submit my two year old Money Manager Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours