just throwing some ideas out there, discuss.

Battle of Yavin map
light sabers (DShiznit's)
blaster rifles
sith lightning
Lego X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Slave I?
lego Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, C3PO and Admiral Ackbar character face+chest decals and helmets? Lando?
add battle droids to the options for CemetechAI?
I made a deathstar map, with Yavin in the background. It's only in the Orange Block right now, but if had that ftp information it'd be easy to just drag and drop all my crap into my own folder, so the devs can take a look at it.
DShiznit wrote:
I made a deathstar map, with Yavin in the background. It's only in the Orange Block right now, but if had that ftp information it'd be easy to just drag and drop all my crap into my own folder, so the devs can take a look at it.

hmmm, maybe I should actually download Orange Block at some point Wink or Kerm could setup some FTP for ya.
wheres the ftp you guys use for TBG? That's the one I was asking about, as to my knowledge all the devs have access to it. I have some ftp space on thebettermod.org/ftp but none of the devs check there regularly.
its right here on Cemetech, its just not a public FTP, so Kerm will need to make you an account, but its somewhat flaky.

alternatively, you can attach anything you want me to look at, in some sort of compressed archive, to an email, or use yousendit. maps, weapons, scripts. all good.
elfprince13 wrote:
its right here on Cemetech, its just not a public FTP, so Kerm will need to make you an account, but its somewhat flaky.

alternatively, you can attach anything you want me to look at, in some sort of compressed archive, to an email, or use yousendit. maps, weapons, scripts. all good.
I think it's probably better that everything go through elfprince for now to keep things organized. I keep meaning to look into CVS/SVM and see if my host supports them; I'll let you know what I find out.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

I think it's probably better that everything go through elfprince for now to keep things organized. I keep meaning to look into CVS/SVM and see if my host supports them; I'll let you know what I find out.

SVN is supported, but only if you have a webdev account.
I don't know if it helps, but I made a big Star Wars Build Pack a while ago, filled with builds of the vehicles.

Take a look here:
http://www.thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&id=1465&catid=3
unfortunately at this point vehicle builds don't really help with modeling
I know.
Just throwing my 2 cents in.
well if you could use your elite python skillz to make a program for converting iGobs into milkshape ASCII files(using MilkShape ASCII data from every tbm brick which I could provide)...
DShiznit wrote:
well if you could use your elite python skillz to make a program for converting iGobs into milkshape ASCII files(using MilkShape ASCII data from every tbm brick which I could provide)...

oh! did you get around to retexturing and rebounding the screwed up ones?

and actually, I probably could do that, but then there'd be an arse load of hidden surfaces and you'd have to spend a while deleting them and welding vertices together
Not to mention the pains of applying scaling and rotation to every vertex.
KermMartian wrote:
that's what for-loops are for. its not a complex process, should run in O(n) time for n vertices.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
that's what for-loops are for. its not a complex process, should run in O(n) time for n vertices.
Aye, but I recall looking through Torque's rotation algorithms and finding them to be mind-bogglingly more complicated than they needed to be. Perhaps I'm thinking of something else?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Aye, but I recall looking through Torque's rotation algorithms and finding them to be mind-bogglingly more complicated than they needed to be. Perhaps I'm thinking of something else?

Torque doesn't use euler angles, it uses axis-angle rotation. also I'll need to check and figure out what Torque uses as the center of rotation.

[edit] reading about different representations of rotations on Wikipedia lead me to wonder what Randall Munroe would make of the Hairy Ball Theorem in an XKCD comic.
a, development on Shaper has stopped. That means I'll either need to find a permanent way to hack it into working on my machine, or borrow my mother's laptop... screw it I'll use the laptop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours