Okay. So I've got this book on programming C, and another one on C++.

I'm getting the material fine, but I lack a compiler. I don't really know where to get one. Furthermore, it has to meet some bizarre specifications. One of which being that it doesn't require installation. I just want a simple .exe file that can take a .txt file and turn it into another .exe. Is this something that can be done easily? I just need a link...

I mean, if there aren't any compilers that can be run without installation, I could work with that... couldn't use it at school but whatever. But I do need a C compiler...

Edit: I neglected to mention that I'd like it to be as basic and small as possible; also, meeting ANSI is nice, but I don't really care. As long as it's simple and doesn't require installation, anything's fine.
You also neglected to not double-post, which makes more work for me to copy, delete, edit, paste, submit.

If you have a linux LiveCD, you can boot it and use gcc/g++...
No, no such compiler exists. Compilers are very complex beasts, and since you are on Windows, you also need development libraries.

Your best bet is going to be Dev-Cpp. It is a free IDE + Compiler (MingW): http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html

Once installed you could try copying its directory to a USB drive or something, it *might* work still.
:*(

DEAH LAWD.

I've been trying to get a compiler online for some time now...

God, this school has the most back-asswards filters in the history of mankind. "Page filtered under category Information Technology"?

Jesus.

And then, when I finally get an installer for a compiler, it tells me DURF HURF THE ADMINISTRATOR HAS DISALLOWED THIS ACTION HURRRRR.

I guess I'm going to have to get this to work at home..

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours