Im going out on a limb here to ask Calc about the status of his igob rotator, as I have recieved many different opinions on it.
First up, Aron (TBM lover and the person who doesnt sleep to play, which scares everyone.) has a chatlog of Calc showing off his rotator to people in his server.
Second, some claim it isn't done, but all i've seen claims directly to the opposite.
SO, whats happening, and will it ever be done? Evil or Very Mad
its done, and its been incorporated into TBG. the working copy went down with the mix-networks forum.
would you be able to give a copy to DShiznit?
As an avid player, I feel this is in our best intrests as far as The Orange Block is coming.
I certainly feel that if it was there, the game would be complete.

As an asside, hows TBG coming along since Swivelgames' left the forum?
ummm....well, I'm the main developer at this point (and have been, not Swivel), and I took the week off to make money to pay for the new laptop I'll be using for development. Its coming pretty well though.

calc84maniac is the one to ask for the script.
As to what we'd do with it?
This should suffice.
Ok, ill try pm'ing him, thanks for the reply. Smile
Don't double post, use EDIT instead.
it was an accident, actually.
I intended the other to be a follow upm but I guess thats double posting too.
Yeah yeah. Whatever. Very Happy
Anyway, I pm'ed calc, so ill wait for him to reply.
If calc84 feels it appropriate to release his script into the Cemetech archives, I think that would be much appreciated. Very Happy
Sorry for the epic bump, buts its quiet around here and I figure it won't kill anyone.
I am jumping by to ask for news on calc's HD, and thus, the status of my request.
Best regards.
Sorry... not happening. Razz
As in, "your HD isn't happening" or "theres no way in hell DSHiz is getting his filthy hands on my supercharged, igob rotating genius"?
These things are important ya'know. Smile
Hmm... more the second one. Elfprince agrees, last I checked.
It's one of the things we're holding on to as "special features" for when TBG gets back under way. I start my substitute teaching next week, so hopefully cash is on the way.
I'm sorry, what?
It took you a year, catastrophic existence failure, a HD faliure, 3 months of my begging and god knows what else to say no??
I am appalled. From the start I have been given the runaround, and it took you a summative year to say no. I mean, if it took you this long to decide, no wonder TBG hasn't been released yet, because one year for a two letter word is beyond indecisive.

As to a 'special feature', I suspect you are suggesting that it would bring more appeal to TOB, and perhaps encourage less people to come to TBG when it is released, which is rubbish as most people would bend over backwards to get an increased block limit.

In all, perhaps work on your 'saying no' skills, so some other poor unfortunate isn't caught out like I was.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
I'm sorry, what?
It took you a year, catastrophic existence failure, a HD faliure, 3 months of my begging and god knows what else to say no??
I am appalled. From the start I have been given the runaround, and it took you a summative year to say no. I mean, if it took you this long to decide, no wonder TBG hasn't been released yet, because one year for a two letter word is beyond indecisive.

or fourth months.

elrunethe2nd wrote:
In all, perhaps work on your 'saying no' skills, so some other poor unfortunate isn't caught out like I was.

I'm not sure how you were "caught out"
you have all the features you've always had.
Still, I asked originally for calc to release the rotator before TOB was devised, back when TBG was still dead.
That was a hell of a long time ago.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Still, I asked originally for calc to release the rotator before TOB was devised, back when TBG was still dead.
That was a hell of a long time ago.

he originally released it BEFORE TBM died. The death of the M-N forum took it down.
Quote:
The death of the M-N forum took it down.

Well, at least you have me and PhatStreet to thank for that.
T__T
It wasn't working right back when it was used in TBM, and whatever fixes or new methods he used in the TBG version would probably need to be recoded in order for the script to function back in TBM's engine. It's also entirely possible there's newer engine code that the script relies on for a different form of rotation or whatever. That's why he can't re-release it for TBM/TOB.

Noone needs to worry about competition, as The Orange Block has always been and will always be a mod of TBM, since TBG is the next version of TBM, my mod will be ported to it as an add-on upon it's release(or perhaps I'll make a customized install, it depends on a great number of things, including how the add-on system works and how the game itself is structured).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours