by editing the specialops.cs file (iirc)
Is it complicated? Razz
probably not, but then again, I am speculating.
not really.
I am not at my computer atm, but I will look at it once I get home.

Editing the Spawn menu will allow you to add your own objects to the list and what not?
yeah, I think you can then add like Kart and that to the list instead of needing the termanal thing.
Yup, you can. I may even have this vehicle finished late Monday!
w00t. Sounds awsome.
Kerm, I just had the thought it might be nice to see this included in TBG in place of the two existing TBM trains.
elfprince13 wrote:
Kerm, I just had the thought it might be nice to see this included in TBG in place of the two existing TBM trains.
Definitely, although I'm not sure I still have the model; I may have to remake it, which wouldn't be the end of the world.
once you have trains running on a track, you could easily link them onCollision using calc84maniac's webslinger code, which actually works on moving objects* allthough it looks like a when the objects are close together.

*Unlike Badspot (a.k.a. Eric Hartman)'s grapple C++ code.
that actually sounds like a cool idea Smile
DShiznit wrote:
once you have trains running on a track, you could easily link them onCollision using calc84maniac's webslinger code, which actually works on moving objects* allthough it looks like <font color=red>censored</font> when the objects are close together.

*Unlike Badspot (a.k.a. Eric Hartman)'s grapple C++ code.
At one point I had decently-implemented multicar trains, but I never released it and I since lost it in a hard drive crash. :/ I'd love to give calc84's code a try with it though and see how it would work! I've also wanted to get trains actually on tracks, so I'll have to think about what the best method of doing that will be once we have an engine to work with.
Also, we seriously need to make an engine mod which can smoothly rotate or move objects from one position to another... lagless switches, anyone?
calc84maniac wrote:
Also, we seriously need to make an engine mod which can smoothly rotate or move objects from one position to another... lagless switches, anyone?
Yes plz!
KermMartian wrote:
At one point I had decently-implemented multicar trains, but I never released it and I since lost it in a hard drive crash. :/ I'd love to give calc84's code a try with it though and see how it would work! I've also wanted to get trains actually on tracks, so I'll have to think about what the best method of doing that will be once we have an engine to work with.

we should be able to make use of TGE's follow-path features.

calcy: EXCELLENT call, I feel like that shouldn't be particularly hard either.....its not lag that's the problem though, its jumpiness.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours