so, something vaguely productive to do, while I'm waiting to begin coding again.

I have compiled lists of weapons and vehicles that are currently part of my TBM/DTB installation (maps are being handled separately).

if people could create a list of their favorite vehicles and weapons. with those lists, I will take the 25 or 30 weapons with the most votes, and 6 or 7 favorite vehicles and include them as part of the default installation of TBG. Note that a modified (by which I mean "working") version of the freeze gun will probably be included specifically for one of the maps I release.
also, once we have the tallies, I'm going to go through and consolidate projectiles and particles that are essentially the same between different weapons, and give them their own subfolder, to make them reusable for future weapons designers to help cut back on datablock bloat. Any weapons and vehicles not part of the default installation will still be available as "aftermarket" addons. some, such as the flashlight, the nuke, the quantum gun and the shotgun, which are currently not functioning properly or which cause serious performance problems will be repaired or altered for better performance (lower particle density).

weapons - I seem to be missing a few of the weapons from DM-Omaha...although quite possibly these were just changed names for the existing weapons, not sure how that worked, just that it had gatling guns.

• AcidGun (this is a green version of the flamethrower)
  • Antigravity Gun
  • BatSword
  • blackhole gun
  • blaster rifle
  • bow
  • conrifle
  • cutlass
  • flamecannon
  • flamesword
  • flamethrower
  • flaregun
  • flashlight
  • freezegun
  • grenadelauncher
  • gun pack
  • halberd
  • handgun
  • katana
  • kicker
  • landmine
  • lasergun
  • laser repeat
  • lego sniper
  • light saber
  • loud hailer (i'm actually not sure what this is for...)
  • medgun
  • minigun
  • missile launcher
  • mortar cannon
  • nuke
  • pickaxe
  • plasma sniper
  • puller
  • quantum gun
  • revolver
  • rifle
  • saber
  • saw
  • scythe
  • shotgun
  • sith lightning
  • snowballgun
  • spear
  • staff of power
  • storm gun
  • sword
  • web slinger

vehicles

• antigravity suit
  • Dwing
  • Psi-Wing
  • Sigma Fighter
  • car
  • kart2
  • legocart
  • skis
  • tbm copter (specify: with missile launcher or without)
  • regular train
  • Diesel Engine (Kerm, I need the source to these last 2, also did you ever finish the tank?)
Weapons (In order of favored)
  • Plasma Sniper
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Minigun
  • Missile Launcher
  • Mortar Cannon
  • Blaster Rifle
  • Lasergun
  • Katana
  • Shotgun
  • Nuke
  • Revolver
  • Spear
  • Rifle
  • Bow
  • Handgun
  • Light saber
  • Landmine
  • Sword
  • Custlass
  • Medgun
  • Quantum Gun

Vehicles (Order of favored) [All with weapons included]
  • Legocart
  • Kart2
  • Sigma Fighter
  • Dwing
  • TBM Copter
  • Psi-Wing
here are my favorites

• AcidGun (this is a green version of the flamethrower)
  • blackhole gun
  • blaster rifle
  • bow
  • con rifle
  • flamethrower
  • grenade launcher
  • gun pack
  • kicker
  • landmine
  • laser repeater
  • light saber
  • medgun
  • minigun
  • missile launcher
  • nuke
  • pickaxe
  • plasma sniper
  • puller
  • quantum gun
  • revolver
  • rifle
  • sith lightning
  • spear
  • staff of power
  • storm gun

and vehicles:

• antigravity suit
  • D-Wing
  • Psi-Wing
  • Sigma Fighter
  • kart2
  • tbm copter (missile launcher version)
  • Diesel Engine
You finished the antigrav suit I suggested? Sweet
elfprince13 wrote:

...I'm going to go through and consolidate projectiles and particles that are essentially the same between different weapons...

...flashlight, the nuke, the quantum gun and the shotgun, which are currently not functioning properly or which cause serious performance problems will be repaired or altered for better performance...

I did both of that in the latest version of the Orange Block...
plus I just made all the melee weapons parry and deflect when firing (which is now semi-automatic like a real melee game), but each has a window of not-parrying-ness (longer for more powerful weapons) that allows the user to be damaged. And then theres my sexy lightsabers...

as far as vehicles are concerned, you may want to use parts of some of the scripts from the Orange Block (except the cart, for the love of God don't use my cart), as I fixed their weapons and GreyMario worked in damage.

And an anti-gravity suit? Wow...

EDIT- and the loudhailer is essentially useless as a weapon (it does work if you have a bricklimit set and pick up a toybox) but it is an excellent reference for scripting(uses a basic ammo system, gets the damage from the randomly selected color of the projectile, gets it's scale from the user, etc.)
My suggestions:

Hatchet
Sledgehammer
Serrated sword
Baseball bat
Torch
Audio gun. It wouldn't do any damage but it would knock enemies back a long ways.
DShiznit wrote:
I did both of that in the latest version of the Orange Block...
plus I just made all the melee weapons parry and deflect when firing (which is now semi-automatic like a real melee game)

this would be excellent Smile is parrying built into the Torque engine, or did you script it yourself? as far as the lightsabers are concerned, I'd like to talk to you about making a star-wars specific addon weapons/vehicles/map pack for TBG, I just got some excellent reference books for use with vehicle modelling.

DShiznit wrote:
as far as vehicles are concerned, you may want to use parts of some of the scripts from the Orange Block (except the cart, for the love of God don't use my cart), as I fixed their weapons and GreyMario worked in damage.

I had those fixed on my own *ages* ago.

DShiznit wrote:
And an anti-gravity suit?

haha, its basically a convenience vehicle, because there are some things for which the basic jetting features suck. like, working in a null-g environment.

anyone else want their voice heard in voting on what's gonna be included?
Anti-grav would be useful for buildings even in non-zero-G environments, such as when you're trying to make the sides of a tall structure.
elfprince13 wrote:
is parrying built into the Torque engine, or did you script it yourself?

I scripted it. It just sets the user to invincible for a very short durration during the downward swing, causing all projectiles to dissipate upon hitting the user (who is hopefully facing the attacker, otherwise this looks bad). There is a short window of opportunity for an attacker to score a hit on a melee wielding opponent, and this window varies in size depending on the damage the melee weapon does. The lightsabers do the least, so they're the fastest and have the smallest window, and the dual saber is the slowest and strongest melee weapon, so it has a relatively long window of weakness. This basically creates the same kind of melee mechanic as the Star Wars Jedi Knight series, though obviously not as realistic or sechsy. The rather large flashing explosion covers up some of the animation however, so it looks kinda good.
DShiznit wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
is parrying built into the Torque engine, or did you script it yourself?

I scripted it. It just sets the user to invincible for a very short durration during the downward swing, causing all projectiles to dissipate upon hitting the user (who is hopefully facing the attacker, otherwise this looks bad). There is a short window of opportunity for an attacker to score a hit on a melee wielding opponent, and this window varies in size depending on the damage the melee weapon does. The lightsabers do the least, so they're the fastest and have the smallest window, and the dual saber is the slowest and strongest melee weapon, so it has a relatively long window of weakness. This basically creates the same kind of melee mechanic as the Star Wars Jedi Knight series, though obviously not as realistic or sechsy. The rather large flashing explosion covers up some of the animation however, so it looks kinda good.
If you wanted to improve that, you could easily calculate the angle of trajectory of the projectile compared to the player's heading...
I need to get it to recreate the projectile first, which didn't work when I tried it...
DShiznit wrote:
I need to get it to recreate the projectile first, which didn't work when I tried it...
Oh that's right, I forgot that the projectile would already have been destroyed. >.< The engine doesn't give you information about the projectile that impacted?
I don't know, but when I try to recreate the projectile %this ( I added the code to the projectile's onCollision, 'cause I'm clever like that) it doesn't do anything, and gives no console errors.
a lot of the callbacks are broken in torque 1.2 (especially the AI related ones), we'll have to test it again with the new engine.
I'm going to release the Orange Block 1.7 sometime this week, once I get the a money system working. I left all the deflection code in the blaster scripts, as technically they weren't doing anything wrong...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours