Has a pickup sound and everything

Things I still need to do:

1. It does not yet export to a server folder (Money isn't saved). I'm a little lost as to how to do this, but, given a few days I should be able to work something out using autoop.cs.

2. There is not yet a way to spend it, allthough this should be pretty easy to code. Ideally I'd like to have a system where you just name it with a price, say, $200, and it would detect the dollar sign and make what follows the cost.

Not bad for 3 nights of work though, huh?
out of curiosity. what is the purpose of this money?
elfprince13 wrote:
out of curiosity. what is the purpose of this money?
I've always found the concept of a money system to be awkward and precocious for the type of freebuild game that TBG is, but that's just my opinion. What do you guys think?>
I dunno, it could be useful if you want to play RPG-style (I've been on a few RPG servers Razz)
calc84maniac wrote:
I dunno, it could be useful if you want to play RPG-style (I've been on a few RPG servers Razz)
Sure, I'll give you that, but the majority of the servers are free building or deathmatch, neither of which are particularly RPG. Smile
yeah, I would hope that it finds its place more on an RP server than on a Freebuild or Deathmatch server. Much easier on the admin then trying to do it in another way.
The whole point of money is for people to have RPs. Also, I heard rumors of RTBers calling us "moneyless monkeys" or something to that effect, and I don't take criticism well enough to just let that go. At the momment though, I have no idea how I'm gonna make it so you can apply a cost to items, as any variable added to an item would not be saved, except those applied using functions found in the dso only tbmservercmds.cs. I could do what RTB did and have a cost as part of the itemdata, but that limits customization a little much for a free-building game. On the flip side, I know almost exactly how I'm going to save a clients money. I'm currently trying to implement a series of onConnect and onLeave commands that write to a file named after a client's IP, then exec that file when that client joins. It doesn't work yet, but it does create a cs file with the number of studs which is a start.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours