» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
For its fifth official contest, Cemetech has announced that the topic will be puzzle games. Two classes of entries are being accepted, pure BASIC and pure ASM. Note that hybrid BASIC (ie, BASIC using Xlib or similar) does not constitute a valid entry. The topic is pretty broad, so the contestants have some latitude in where they go with the idea; so far there are about six BASIC contestants and two or three assembly contestants. Entries must be received by contest@cemetech.com where .com is .net by 11:59pm EDT, Friday, July 25, 2008. The full rules of the contest as debated by the current entrants:

1) Only pure BASIC or pure ASM programs may be submitted. No code may be borrowed from other programs, but ASM programs may be made for a shell such as Ion, Doors CS, or MirageOS to take advantage of that shell's libraries.

2) All entries must be new projects or previously-unannounced projects. Announcing or publicizing your entry before results of the contest are revealed will lead to disqualification.

3) Prizes are not finalized yet, but there has been discussion of Cemetech merchandise and/or calculator hardware, accessories, or carrying cases of some kind.

Please make a comment in the attached thread indicating that you'll be participating in the contest if you haven't done so already, and good luck!
Well I hope to get a start on mine but I'm out of town for next week so we'll see.
TheStorm wrote:
Well I hope to get a start on mine but I'm out of town for next week so we'll see.
I'm going to California for a cousin's bat mitzvah in two weeks. I'm actually torn between bringing my laptop to keep working on the game, and leaving it behind to make sure I get lots of family time and lying by the pool with a good novel time Smile I think the latter is probably going to win out, so hopefully I'll have something decent by the deadline...
I'm in.

BTW, clever spam deterrence Wink.
Ed H wrote:
I'm in.

BTW, clever spam deterrence Wink.
Thanks. I'm assuming you'll be participating in the BASIC category; is that correct?
I guess I'm still in. I'm working on my entry right now (BASIC) and I might be finished in a couple days. Is that good or bad? ^^;;
KeithJohansen wrote:
I guess I'm still in. I'm working on my entry right now (BASIC) and I might be finished in a couple days. Is that good or bad? ^^;;
Mm, same here, 'cept I'll probably be lazy and stretch that out to maybe a week. I'm sure you could put some more effort into it, though, such as making it more visually appealing, more optimization, more options for customization for the end-user, things like that.
jfabi82 wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
Mm, same here, 'cept I'll probably be lazy and stretch that out to maybe a week. I'm sure you could put some more effort into it, though, such as making it more visually appealing, more optimization, more options for customization for the end-user, things like that.

Well, the current puzzle game I'm working on is very simple and doesn't need much GUI-wise or feature-wise. It's really nothing fancy at all but provides a pretty decent challenge.
Carry on, guys, I'm looking forward to the high quality and originality of the entries.
I must admit, I'm rather tempted to dust off my calc and enter this one. I never did announce my old "Guess the number?" game, did I?
alex10819 wrote:
I must admit, I'm rather tempted to dust off my calc and enter this one. I never did announce my old "Guess the number?" game, did I?
No, you didn't. I can only imagine what devious twists you might put on that old favorite to turn it into an instant classic.
KermMartian wrote:
alex10819 wrote:
No, you didn't. I can only imagine what devious twists you might put on that old favorite to turn it into an instant classic.
/me shivers at the thought of what Alex will come up with... Evil or Very Mad

EDIT:
Some sort of revolutionary virus for each time you get it wrong, I'm sure! Razz
I would, but I have not actually really programmed a calculator in a long time o.O I have kind of fallen out =P
Harq wrote:
I would, but I have not actually really programmed a calculator in a long time o.O I have kind of fallen out =P
Nor I, but it's as easy and rememorable as falling off a bike, I think. Very Happy
I'm quite sure "rememorable" isn't a word. Razz
No need to add an extraneous "re."
A better phrasing would be easily remembered =P

I know it is easy to remember, I am probably still just as good, but I do not really have time this summer =)
KermMartian wrote:
alex10819 wrote:

GreyscaleGreyscaleGreyscaleGreyscale
Evil or Very Mad
That has already been done by DJ Omnimaga if I recall correctly. Very Happy
I made a fun guessing game that is 1-15 and the number is always the last one possible. IE if they guess 1,2,3,4...13,14 the "random number" will be 15. Likewise for all other combinations.
Me: I'll bet you never get less than 5 guesses
My friend: I bet I will in atleast 10 tries
Me: 5 bucks.
Him: deal.
Me a few minutes later: Thanks.
Just so you know, http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=8054

I have already let him know that that entry is now disqualified.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours