question; why does tios display no memory sizes for ginormous programs? I made huge program database with pretty much every command in nomal strings, somehow causing half my other programs to apparently have no size or be hundreds of times larger....
rthprog wrote:
question; why does tios display no memory sizes for ginormous programs? I made huge program database with pretty much every command in nomal strings, somehow causing half my other programs to apparently have no size or be hundreds of times larger....
Something like that would be caused by an assembly program corrupting your VAT or other areas of memory, not from a bug in the TI-OS itself.
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
Something like that would be caused by an assembly program corrupting your VAT or other areas of memory, not from a bug in the TI-OS itself.

but thats the thing... I didnt have ANY assembly code running. all I did was make a huge program....
No, but in the past you might have run a program or App that was in assembly, no?
KermMartian wrote:
No, but in the past you might have run a program or App that was in assembly, no?

ok fine =D but I even turned off omnicalc =(
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

ok fine =D but I even turned off omnicalc =(
Turning it off doesn't mean it didn't already screw up and corrupt your memory. Razz
Another question; is it possible to make an assembly prgm that runs a basic program but if the basic program is broken (via On or general syntax error, etc..) then it puts the broken line number in Ans?
rthprog wrote:
Another question; is it possible to make an assembly prgm that runs a basic program but if the basic program is broken (via On or general syntax error, etc..) then it puts the broken line number in Ans?
Only through a bunch of hooks, kinda the way Doors CS does Instantaneous Goto.
Two things:

First, have you by chance been using an old version of CalcUtil? That might have screwed up your VAT. If that's the case, sorry. Get a new version from ticalc.org.

Second, it is possible to do that assembly thing, even without hooks. There is even an existing program somewhere on detachedsolutions.com that does half of it: It runs the program, and when you quit it says what error made it quit (the on button), but it doesn't do line numbers. Line numbers shouldn't be too hard to add in, so I'm gonna go try that now.
Hey! Sorry for the delay, but here's the program. It's a modified version of Benjamin Moody's ERRH. You run it with the program name in Ans, and when it returns, Ans holds the line number it crashed on (or 0 if it didn't crash) and X holds the type of error (6 means the on key was pressed).

http://www.mohawkondisplay.com/ERRH2.8XP
magicdanw wrote:
Hey! Sorry for the delay, but here's the program. It's a modified version of Benjamin Moody's ERRH. You run it with the program name in Ans, and when it returns, Ans holds the line number it crashed on (or 0 if it didn't crash) and X holds the type of error (6 means the on key was pressed).

http://www.mohawkondisplay.com/ERRH2.8XP
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about ERRH! Good call there, magicdan.
MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!
uh so i started coding a very simple codebreaker that decodes, without a key, messages where letters have been replaced; the catch is that if 'a" becomes "h", then b must become j, etc... any ideas on ways/algorithms to get around this?
rthprog wrote:
uh so i started coding a very simple codebreaker that decodes, without a key, messages where letters have been replaced; the catch is that if 'a" becomes "h", then b must become j, etc... any ideas on ways/algorithms to get around this?
I'm not sure I exactly understand your question - did you mean to say J, or did you actually mean I?
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
I'm not sure I exactly understand your question - did you mean to say J, or did you actually mean I?

Oh yeah, my mistake....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours