I am trying to think of a name for a project I've been formulating for a long time and want to get started on this summer. The area of the project is maximizing connectivity and data transfer between an individual and the internet. It aims to aggregate data to a user on a constant-connected server and data for the internet on the individual's personal computing node, then perform a space-optimized transfer whenever the user connects to the internet, such as when the user's computing node momentarily connects to an open wireless network while the user is traveling from place to place. I'm trying to think of a good, concise, name for this system. So far the only thing that occurred to me was Mebility, a portmanteau of "Me" and "Mobility". Thoughts and brainstorming? Nothing's too stupid, throw them out there.

Edit: Here's the logo icon I came up with, by the way:

Here's some brainstorming I just did. Thoughts?

Keywords
Mobility
Constant
Low-bandwidth
Invisible
Connection / Connect / Connected
Reliability / Reliable
Seamless
Integrated
Data Pipe
Transfer
Wireless
Computing
Node
Internet
Interconnect

Ideas
Mebility
Mobigrated
Invected --> Invect (nah, undertones of Invective, insults)

Datawidth? \_ Both refer to bandwidth
Pipewidth? /

Datant? sounds like Latent to me (Datent?) Too much like patent
Transbility
Datafer
Constanet (sounds like castanet)
NodeNet (doesn't really portray the project accurately)
Mobifer
Transnet, Transconnect (transcontinental undertones to me, probably good)
Skyfi (cheeeeeezy)
IntiFi (integrated wireless fidelity)
ConFi (too much like confined, confinement, etc)
WiPipe (Trying to use the other end of the WiFi portmanteau)
WiCon (Like ConFi, but sounds better)
Wipipe sounds different, and is the best of the list. I don't come up with names myself too well though...
Datafer, Mobifer, and WiCon sound the best to me.
My friend suggested PushEverything or Pushr, but I still like WiPipe the best. What does everyone else think?

@Sage: Of those three, the only one I'm crazy about is WiCon.

Edit: So between WiPipe and WiCon?

Edit #2:
I like WiPipe but what about WiTube, WiFeed or MyFeed or even MyTubes referring to the intertubes not youtube of course. now that I think about it MobileTubes or MobileWebs aren't that bad either.
TheStorm wrote:
I like WiPipe but what about WiTube, WiFeed or MyFeed or even MyTubes referring to the intertubes not youtube of course. now that I think about it MobileTubes or MobileWebs aren't that bad either.
I get your reference on the Tubes/Feed stuff, but it just sounds too specific to me, this is push-everything rather than being limited to push-news, push-rss, you know? And Webs is definitely too limiting. I'm still a fan of WiPipe or Wicon. WiPipe isn't bad imo, I'm torn between the two.
Hmm. Interesting. I like both very much, but personally I prefer WiCon (or how about just WiConnect?). To me, WiCon sounds like a connection or "Wide Connection," and WiPipe sounds like a [connection] pipe, but maybe something hard-wired you know? It probably sounds cheesy, but how about something like "WiFli (too much like 'Why Fly?')," or something like that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours