14%  [ 2 ]
Puzzle
 50%  [ 7 ]
Math
 0%  [ 0 ]
RPG
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Summer is here, so it's time to discuss the next contest. That's right, I have taken it upon myself to start the discussion about the next contest after the unfinished debate of contest #4. The first question I will pose to you guys is what contest topic would you like. Please vote for your choice in the attached poll. Some ideas about deadlines: I say that three weeks seems fair. That would make entries due by 11:59pm on June 30th. Assembly and BASIC entries will be graded separately. All basic entries would need be written in pure basic. The judges would be picked randomly out of a list of possible volunteers. If you would like to volunteer please P.M.
TheTari or KermMartian

The poll will run for 7 days
Good luck and hope this contest doesn't turn out like the last one. Very Happy
Fair enough, although in the past we've had myself and the contest leader do the judging to avoid bias. I have spoken with The Tari and Rivereye, and Tari will be joining me as a judge on a provisional basis as Rivereye is busy these days. I personally feel that three weeks (two weeks, if you take into account that this poll won't finish for another week) to be too short. Thoughts?
I voted puzzle though now that I think about it I really should have voted arcade because I have a start of an arcade game already I just need to debug what little code I have and add the controls.
Oh, and I think we should stick with the usual rule that you're not allowed to enter any previously-announced projects, and of course that you may not publicize your entry until after the contest. Do you guys agree?
Well I never officially announced this project but I have mentioned it on irc, well I may have said something on UTI I can't remember anymore I just gave up a while ago because of errors that I still need to work out.
TheStorm wrote:
Well I never officially announced this project but I have mentioned it on irc, well I may have said something on UTI I can't remember anymore I just gave up a while ago because of errors that I still need to work out.
No no, I wasn't referring to you specifically, I was talking in general. It would be up to Tari (and Rivereye, of course, if he wishes to add his two cents) exactly where to draw the line.
So lets says 5 weeks for the contest, 1 week for this poll to end and 4 weeks for coding... Unless you feel it should be longer.
ryansimbalist wrote:
So lets says 5 weeks for the contest, 1 week for this poll to end and 4 weeks for coding.
Do the rest of you guys think it's reasonable to finish coding your entries in one month?
Dang it, I accidentally clicked the view results button instead of the submit vote button. No vote for me... Sad
But, whatever it is, I'm definitely participating.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Dang it, I accidentally clicked the view results button instead of the submit vote button. No vote for me... Sad

That's to bad that you can't vote now. What would you have voted for?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Excellent, glad to hear it. So so far I know of RyanSimbalist, TheStorm, and Zaphod Beeblebrox. Wasn't Sage Orator also interested?
Oh I forgot to mention my entry will be asm if I ever get it done, two more days of finals and I'll have plenty of time to work on it.
TheStorm wrote:
Oh I forgot to mention my entry will be asm if I ever get it done, two more days of finals and I'll have plenty of time to work on it.
Excellent. Ryan, I'm assuming you're BASIC? And Zaphod, BASIC? So we have two confirmed BASIC and one confirmed ASM so far.
Ello, I know it's been a while since I've been on here Surprised , but I'd like to give this contest a try to give me something to do this summer (and to keep my mind active Razz ). I voted for Puzzle, as I believe that gives us the best opportunity for variety and unique creativity... Place me under BASIC (I assume there would be separate prizes awarded for BASIC and ASM, right, Kerm?). Smile. Thnx.
Separate judging indeed, as it's not fair to judge ASM against BASIC except in extreme circumstances. So that's jfabi82, RyanSimbalist, and Zaphod Beeblebrox for BASIC, and TheStorm for ASM.
Yep put me down for basic. Now I just need a good idea for a puzzle game.
I'm not sure if I'll be participating or not. I hope I'll have time to. If I do, I'll probably submit an assembly program.
magicdanw wrote:
I'm not sure if I'll be participating or not. I hope I'll have time to. If I do, I'll probably submit an assembly program.
That makes it jfabi82, RyanSimbalist, and Zaphod Beeblebrox for BASIC, and TheStorm and maybe magicdanw for ASM.
I'll participate. Put me down for BASIC. I don't know what exactly to MAKE but I could use the practice.
Well just a note I may not be able to do a puzzle game in asm so if it isn't arcade I may have to do Basic, but I'll see once its officially decided.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours