bubbly. Very Happy
(the horizontal scroll bars don't even fit in my 1680x1050 monitor!)
Netham wrote:
bubbly. Very Happy
OK, clearly something is strange with the CSS. Even I see the scroll bar now on 1280x768.

I've got the same problem...
KermMartian wrote:
Netham wrote:
bubbly. Very Happy
OK, clearly something is strange with the CSS. Even I see the scroll bar now on 1280x768.

I have the horizontal scrollbar on my 1920x1200 display - you suck at the CSS Razz
True, a screen that size should never have a scroll bar to view a standard webpage. If my browser is full screen (1920*1200 also), I get the horizontal bar.
Kerm, did you use percentages that add up to 101%? That sounds like a Kermish error ;P
alex10819 wrote:
Kerm, did you use percentages that add up to 101%? That sounds like a Kermish error ;P
I'm tracing it; it's some combination of the width=100% and padding=whatever px I'm using.

Edit: Yup, fixed.
KermMartian wrote:

Um are you sure cuz I still have a scroll bar at 1024x789, and btw the banner looks huge at this resolution, oh and I think you issue might be the fact that you don't take the vertical scroll bar into account because that is about how far i have to scroll.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Um are you sure cuz I still have a scroll bar at 1024x789, and btw the banner looks huge at this resolution, oh and I think you issue might be the fact that you don't take the vertical scroll bar into account because that is about how far i have to scroll.
Yeah, I know you 1024x768'ers still have the scrollbar. I was saying I fixed it for those who have high resolution. I have to shrink the banner a bit to work for you guys.
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yeah, I know you 1024x768'ers still have the scrollbar. I was saying I fixed it for those who have high resolution. I have to shrink the banner a bit to work for you guys.
Hmm, I wonder if there is away you could have more than one banner, a smaller one for lower res and a larger one of high res user but you would have to have some way of determining the viewing computers resolution.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if there is away you could have more than one banner, a smaller one for lower res and a larger one of high res user but you would have to have some way of determining the viewing computers resolution.

You could default it at low rez and have an option in the control panel for higher resolution displays.
@foamy3 and TheStorm: I only need to trim off about 10px or so for it to fit on 1024x768.
Untrue, since I've got the scrollbar at 1156x864.
The Tari wrote:
Untrue, since I've got the scrollbar at 1156x864.
Meh, still? What browser?
Wait, I'm dumb and forgot about the image further up on the page. It's actually fine.

Incidentally, FF 3.0 RC2.
if I make my browser 1058 pixels wide, the scrollbar disappears, anything smaller has it (Vista with FF2, info from Web Developer Tool bar).
rivereye wrote:
if I make my browser 1058 pixels wide, the scrollbar disappears, anything smaller has it (Vista with FF2, info from Web Developer Tool bar).
Superb, Rivereye, thank you. So all I need is to trim ten pixels off. Much obliged. Smile
now, if you change your sig, you are perfect (your sig is two bars wide, which causes scrolling).
Other failures:
Invalid: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cemetech.net&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

YOU ARE USING TABLES FOR LAYOUT!??!?!??!?! Epic failure, Kerm, epic failure. Seriously, what the hell?

And failed alignment (likely because of the use of tabes for layout):
http://www.kllrnohj.com/images/cemetech/cemetech-thread-nav-footer.jpg
I'm using tables for sub-alignment within the divs that define the overall layout. It seems to work well to me. The thing you pointed out in that image is a stylististic thing; I'll change it, but I'm happy as-is. I'll glance at those 7 validation errors.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours