This probably is fit for a different topic, but I found a bug with Doors CS6. It messes up all my Mirage programs, and gives them wierd names, like [square root]BATTLE.
Jonathan wrote:
This probably is fit for a different topic, but I found a bug with Doors CS6. It messes up all my Mirage programs, and gives them wierd names, like [square root]BATTLE.
Hey, welcome to Cemetech, thanks for the bug report. That indicates that the program is hidden from MOS and is accurate, not a bug. If I recall correctly I made it fake "normal" names the way MirageOS itself does, lemme check my source code.

Yup, I do indeed have that fixed as of at least Doors CS 6.1 - make sure you have it

Code:
   ld a,(hl)
   cp 27
   jr nc,VATNameWriteLoopNoFix
   add a,$40
VATNameWriteLoopNoFix:
   ld (ScratchWord),a
I actually have Doors CS 6.2, and it still messes up MOS names, and sticks them all in my GAMES folder
Jonathan wrote:
I actually have Doors CS 6.2, and it still messes up MOS names, and sticks them all in my GAMES folder
Strange, I'll look into it and see what I can do.
Are you also using MirageOS in parallel with Doors CS ?
This might be because ot that: when I had both Doors CS and MirageOS on my calc, their folders got all messed up...
Yes, I use them both at the same time. I use Mirage as my primary shell, but I like Doors because with it, I can rename ASM programs and give them lowercase names. I also appreciate the fact that it automatically recognizes all basic prgms. Useful for when someone locks their program, and it's not compatible with Mirage.
Jonathan wrote:
Yes, I use them both at the same time. I use Mirage as my primary shell, but I like Doors because with it, I can rename ASM programs and give them lowercase names. I also appreciate the fact that it automatically recognizes all basic prgms. Useful for when someone locks their program, and it's not compatible with Mirage.
Hehe, nice, I think many people do that. Anyway, even with both on your calculator, MOS shouldn't be messing with the hidden program names, although the folder thing I'm afraid is an unavoidable side effect of how MOS works. I'll look into it tomorrow or Wednesday.
well depending on how MOS does folders couldn't yous et it up to use the same system and the your folders would be identical in both shells?
TheStorm wrote:
well depending on how MOS does folders couldn't yous et it up to use the same system and the your folders would be identical in both shells?
No, because Doors CS uses a relatively different system that needs to be able to accommodate nested folders, etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours