Kerm, is it possible to replace the current version? I accidentally left an extra line in there for debugging purposes...

Edit: Noooo! Not the postcount misalignment bug again!!

Edit2: I submitted the correct version, please delete the old one if possible
calc84maniac wrote:
Kerm, is it possible to replace the current version? I accidentally left an extra line in there for debugging purposes...

Edit: Noooo! Not the postcount misalignment bug again!!

Edit2: I submitted the correct version, please delete the old one if possible
Yeaaah, I need to add a deletion feature. Razz
For a few days now I've been thinking about the possible asm version of my assembler. I was thinking it could use the extra RAM pages, like so:
Page $82: The source code would start at the beginning of the page, and the output binary would grow backward from the end.
Page $83: This would hold the "equate" files.
Well i found a bug. Whenever i try to create a dcs program i get an error. It goes completely through part one but then when it starts part two it gets to the start label and then gives me an error.
Show me the header section of the source please.
The only header's i tried where the three you included with the assembler. The code for them is:

Code:

:Z80INC.inc
:TI83PEQU.inc
:MOSLIBS.inc
:DCSLIBS.inc
:.org 9D95
:prgm
:xor d
:ret
:jr start
:.dw 0
:.db 6,0

Code:

:.dw description

Code:

:.dw description
:.dw icon
You have to put in a "start:" label right after the DCSHDRX.hdr line in your program.
I do. The code i use is:

Code:

DCSHDR0.hdr
start:
bcall getkey
ret

And i cant get it to work.
Oh, I think I know what's happening. Go to the DCS headers and capitalize them. I think that should fix it but I'm not completely sure as I haven't used v1 in a while.
calc84maniac wrote:
For a few days now I've been thinking about the possible asm version of my assembler. I was thinking it could use the extra RAM pages, like so:
Page $82: The source code would start at the beginning of the page, and the output binary would grow backward from the end.
Page $83: This would hold the "equate" files.

Im fairly sure the 83+BE doesn't have extra RAM pages.
It doesn't.
*sigh* No emu8x for Tari..
calc84maniac wrote:
Oh, I think I know what's happening. Go to the DCS headers and capitalize them. I think that should fix it but I'm not completely sure as I haven't used v1 in a while.

I still get the same error. It is a Dimension error involving a string.
That also happens if you accidently try to compile a BASIC program =D Calc you may want to find a way to check if its BASIC or not and inform noobs that a Compiler DOES NOT turn BASIC programs to ASM (what ma nooby friend thought)
Necropost I know shoot me later, What the 86 oncalc assembler does is use MOS like headers for the source files, where include files have A: at the start of them source files have a Z:(for z80) as the first line and text files have a T: as their first line any thing after the : is is ignored so you can have a description. This works quite well and would be fairly easy to add it would also allow you to add a way to select the file instead of trying to type it in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours