At long last, the person previously holding #cemetech has graciously agreed to return control of the channel to me, and we have moved back from #ltwttf. The channel is now under the protection of the CalcGames botnet, and all mods and administrators here can gain their equivalent permissions on the channel by joining up and identing. With the recent edition of Elfprince13's SAXjax bot to link the Simultaneous Asynchronous eXchange chat widget and the IRC channel, there is full cross-communication. We seem to be gradually shifting away from the Skype conference, but anyone still interested in joining that can send me a message on Skype. Also, feel free to add this double-height signature bar wherever you want to advertise the channel. Enjoy!

w00t. Next time Kerm, don't have people delete bot accounts though.
rivereye wrote:
....wtf are you talking about? Did this occur since my last visit to the channel?
btw, if Kerm ever packages up SAX as a mod for phpBB Ill release the source to SAXJAX.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
....wtf are you talking about? Did this occur since my last visit to the channel?

back when you were trying to get things set up, Nikky deleted the account, remember?
Actually, I explicitly told the bot to delete the user "river15," but it somehow interpeted that as "delete rivereye" instead. So I tried to delete river15 again, and it said that user didn't exist...
Eggdrop is silly like that.
it is, and I have to pick on him a little.
rivereye wrote:
it is, and I have to pick on him a little.
But you'll notice in Nikky's post that it was him, not me, who was deleting the bot account. I don't even think I have permissions, and if I do, I don't know how. Anyway, hope to see everyone there.
still efnet right?
Absolutely correct!
Liazon wrote:
still efnet right?
Indeed; notice the big red userbar in my signature. Very Happy
Since the death of the old Skype conference that we had in summer and fall 2006, and the not-really-significant rise in activity in #cemetech since the channel was introduced as a venue for Cemetech users to discuss their projects and day-to0day lives, there has been no commonly-used place for us to hang out and chat. I propose that everyone make a concerted effort to set their chat or IM client to autoconnect to #cemetech on irc.efnet.net so we can once again hang out, and perhaps the discussion that could prompt could revitalize the site a bit again, as it's been stunningly slow of late. Thoughts?

I would, but since during the day I'm at school and susped/resume every hour or so as I change classes, its kind of a pain to keep reconnecting IRC. In the evenings I'm interning at Silverlode Interactive, then do my homework and go to bed - I don't really have much time to chat...
Sounds like an idea to me Smile
My mIRC client *has* been gathering some dust as of late.
I'll make a habit of logging on every afternoon Laughing

Just a couple of questions, though:
1)Should we have our IRC nick be similar to/the same as our Cemetech username?
2)Are bots allowed?
1) It can be, but it doesn't have to be if you don't want
2) As long as they're not too annoying.

@Kllrnohj: your client doesn't autoreconn? What do you use?
KermMartian wrote:
@Kllrnohj: your client doesn't autoreconn? What do you use?

The best IRC client ever (XChat, of course), and it does autoreconnect, but I don't think it sends a disconnect when going into standby, meaning I will be timing out ever hour or so...

Maybe I'll just have XChat running on my box here at home, which I VNC into often...
That sounds like a plan. There was some pretty lively chat there today; KeithJ, Netham, Tari, Rivereye, and myself participated.
Ok I'll add it to my auto connect but you guys better start talkin cuz that is why I removed it.
Don't worry Laughing
I'll be in #cemetech all the time working on my stupid IRCbot Very Happy
I'll be in Cemetech hanging out and talking about my and your projects. Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours