92%  [ 12 ]
22/7
 0%  [ 0 ]
...apple?
 0%  [ 0 ]
wtf??
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Today is March 14th, 2008, aka 3/14/08. Math, science, and technology enthusiasts around the world celebrate this as Pi Day due to the resemblance between the date and the beginning of the irrational number pi. Some go further and claim that Pi Day culminates at precisely 1:59:26 am and/or pm, as these are the third through seventh digits of pi after the decimal point. So happy Pi Day, eat lots of pi, and please practice saying as many digits of pi as you can remember. I personally can do 52; what about the rest of you?
As of last year I knew about 100, but seeing as our school is hosting a competition, I've ramped it up to about 120. I have a feeling that I'm going to win.
I can do about 22 myself. I get to spend a day dedicated to math and technology learning about fishing, and be off of my computer for most the day. Ah well.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
As of last year I knew about 100, but seeing as our school is hosting a competition, I've ramped it up to about 120. I have a feeling that I'm going to win.
Very nice, ZB! What method did you use to learn 120, repetition? Ha, nice, rivereye.
Heh, we had free pie at lunch, a pie eating contest, and a pi reciting contest today at school
Kllrnohj wrote:
Heh, we had free pie at lunch, a pie eating contest, and a pi reciting contest today at school
How are you guys nerdier than Cooper Union? I couldn't find any Pi Day festivities here. Sad
Some (hot) girl made cupcakes for my Chemistry Honors class today. I ended up getting three. The cupcakes has pi symbols on them. Razz
Mexi1010 wrote:
Some (hot) girl made cupcakes for my Chemistry Honors class today. I ended up getting three. The cupcakes has pi symbols on them. Razz
The cupcakes *have pi symbols on them.
lol wow, your schools sure celebrate!
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
How are you guys nerdier than Cooper Union? I couldn't find any Pi Day festivities here. Sad

Ha! OWNED! Razz It was a school-sponsored event too, weee!
Dang. We just had the recitation competition. For which I recited 133 digits. But some other kid beat me with 154 digits. Solution to learning digits of pi: Boredom in middle school math classes.

I also learned about piphilology. Click here.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Dang. We just had the recitation competition. For which I recited 133 digits. But some other kid beat me with 154 digits. Solution to learning digits of pi: Boredom in middle school math classes.

I also learned about 0x5. Click here.
Argh, too bad you got beaten. Sad Next year.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours