I have a cool game idea that im working on and its called Assassin. You have 3 victims to choose and each one has a different storyline and your job is to kill him and not your self or GAME OVER for you
Sounds interesting. Are you doing it as a text game or graphical?

Edit: Also, welcome to Cemetech! How did you find us?
Its jut going to be a text game its the easiest and all i really now for know

I found u guys cause i have doors CS on my calc
Jlc4nebgred wrote:
Its jut going to be a text game its the easiest and all i really now for know

I found u guys cause i have doors CS on my calc
Ah, excellent, glad to hear it. What do you think of Doors CS? Any comments or suggestions?
Comment: DoorsCS sucks.
Yea...I got a question...

In the option menu where it says Enable background...
How exactly does that work??
QuinnZhao wrote:
Yea...I got a question...

In the option menu where it says Enable background...
How exactly does that work??
You can use the Doors CS CopyBG 1.2 program (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34155.html) to take a picture on the graphscreen and convert it to a prgmZDCSBG. This will put a background on your DCS desktop.
Nice, you are awesome Kerm. You think of everything.

Razz
QuinnZhao wrote:

Razz
Haha, thanks. What progress on Assassin?
KermMartian wrote:
QuinnZhao wrote:

Razz
Haha, thanks. What progress on Assassin?

Good im going to post the code when i get the first victim done
hey KermMartian i have a question and see if you can help me i nedd help animaiting wut i need is for the title screen i was wonder if u could give me a code that will bring assassin from the top to the middle or something like that
Jlc4nebgred wrote:
hey KermMartian i have a question and see if you can help me i nedd help animaiting wut i need is for the title screen i was wonder if u could give me a code that will bring assassin from the top to the middle or something like that
Uhhh, you mean like:
Code:
For(X,1,5
ClrHome
Output(X,4,"ASSASSIN
rand(20
End
?

Edit: An explanation. This clears the screen and displays the text "ASSASSIN" five times, first on the top row, then the second row, etc until the fifth row. The rand(20 is just a delay in between displays.
KermMartian wrote:
Jlc4nebgred wrote:
Uhhh, you mean like:
Code:
For(X,1,5
ClrHome
Output(X,4,"ASSASSIN
rand(20
End
?

Edit: An explanation. This clears the screen and displays the text "ASSASSIN" five times, first on the top row, then the second row, etc until the fifth row. The rand(20 is just a delay in between displays.

I was wondering if u could bring each letter up and the the next one down and so on and i was also wondering if u could ut in also =to slide in Created by: Ted????
EDIT:alson do u think u can help me find a detailed animation tutorial??
Well i have to start over since my ram got cleared and i also lost my written code so heres the title screen so far

Code:

For(x,1,2
Clrhome
Output(X,5,"ASSASSIN"
rand(20
End
Output(8,8,"loading.."
For(X,1,1500
End
Goto LD
Lbl LD
Output(8,8,"     Done"
Why are you manually displaying the Done at the end? Shock Most people try to avoid having that. If you're really set on it, just Disp "[space] at the end of your program.
KermMartian wrote:
Why are you manually displaying the Done at the end? Shock Most people try to avoid having that. If you're really set on it, just Disp "[space] at the end of your program.

That is the "Done" for the "Loading..." part, dolt Razz (so it ends up "Loading...Done")
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That is the "Done" for the "Loading..." part, dolt Razz (so it ends up "Loading...Done")
Yeah, or you could eliminate the loading... thing entirely and just jump straight to the title screen. Razz I used to do the same thing back in my n00bly days, and now I'm able to look back and see that loading screens are annoying unless it's actually loading stuff.
even if he chooses to keep the loading bit, it could be optimized by a few bytes

Code:

For(x,1,2
Clrhome
Output(X,5,"ASSASSIN
rand(20
End
Output(8,8,"LOADING...
rand(750Output(8,13,"DONE

(there's an ellipsis character you can use instead of the 3 periods)

[edit]

if you want better animation, you can use sub strings (use sub())

also, you should get a copy of the TI-83+ handbook in PDF form from the TI website

and finally: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com

[edit2]

shameless plug, to learn better graphics techniques, check out some of my programs (e.g. frog rpg, the quest: graphical RPG engine, and my tutorial, here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/90/9089.html)
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, or you could eliminate the loading... thing entirely and just jump straight to the title screen. Razz I used to do the same thing back in my n00bly days, and now I'm able to look back and see that loading screens are annoying unless it's actually loading stuff.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was a place-holder for crap that will eventually need to load... (I hope)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours