lafferjm wrote:
How is this for anti aliasing? Very Happy

bad =P

THe lightbulb is still badly aliased and so is the cone, but it is better =)
lafferjm wrote:

What is that? 2x AA? Crank it up to like 8x AA (at LEAST 4x)
Here is a render of a mug i created using k-3d.

lafferjm wrote:
Here is a render of a mug i created using k-3d.

The texture is excellent, it really looks like glazed ceramic to me. The shape of the handle is a bit weird though.
KermMartian wrote:
The texture is excellent, it really looks like glazed ceramic to me. The shape of the handle is a bit weird though.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Pretty good, lafferjm.
Yeah I might be taking a class on useing MoI. Well my dad is taking it for work and he figured i might like it too so we are planing on taking it together. I can't wait to try some 3D modeling.
Here is a render that i am working on. In the end i am hoping that it will look like a person. This one was also created with k3d.

Just started the 3d animation for F.I.R.S.T robotics. (30 second 3d video...) Man is this gonna take a long time.
sweet man, oh and I misspoke in my last post the class uses solidworks not MoI. have any of you used it before, from what I hear it is a 3d cad program.
TheStorm wrote:
sweet man, oh and I misspoke in my last post the class uses solidworks not MoI. have any of you used it before, from what I hear it is a 3d cad program.
It's most often used in mechanical engineering; my peers and I have a bit of experience in it. Smile
More stuff for the animation:
Well I've finally done some stuff with solid works that's worth sharing.

I Plan to mill this out, once I have some material, for a calc that doesn't have a case. I could even add some windows and the like.
Can someone help me figure out how to use the armature (at least I think that is the one I am thinking of, the one that automatically moves things continuously) feature in blender, I have not figured it out.

Thanks,
Glenn
Here is a link to a page containing some of the other renders I done recently. http://thestorm.is-a-geek.com/solidworks/
Just FYI: Your missing an 'e' in 'the'

Here's to proper link Smile
http://thestorm.is-a-geek.com/solidworks/
Groene07 wrote:

that's some pretty awesome lego-ness. I'm assuming you used LDraw + POV-Ray. which editor?
elfprince13 wrote:
Groene07 wrote:

that's some pretty awesome lego-ness. I'm assuming you used LDraw + POV-Ray. which editor?
I was going to say that as well, that looks very professional! Nice render settings.
Must we always quote images? Can't you just remove the image tags and quote the URL?
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Just FYI: Your missing an 'e' in 'the'

Here's to proper link Smile
http://thestorm.is-a-geek.com/solidworks/

Thanks for that catch I'll fix it right away.
foamy3: My mistake. Smile I was on such laggy wifi that the image never loaded in the quote, so I thought I was just quoting text. Should have noticed the img tag when I replied.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours