So I managed to get my /projects/wt folder suspended, as per this email:

Quote:
CGI/PHP Overload
--------------
This account is responsible for extremely high resource usage, which generates excessive load on the server:
~~~
aheamizw cemetech.net 29.26 61.36 2.2
Top Process %CPU 99.6 /usr/bin/php index.php
Top Process %CPU 97.5 /usr/bin/php index.php
Top Process %CPU 96.6 /usr/bin/php index.php
~~~

This means your account was responsible for 29% of the CPU usage and 61% of the server's RAM usage on a daily scale.

This has convinced me it's time (or getting towards time, anyway) to overhaul the way that WorldTrends works. Instead of storing all minute-by-minute data from a variety of sources and per-five-minutes headline data, I believe it would be better to record statistics from a larger variety of sources at a larger interval, perhaps once per hour, then compressing said data once per day for day one week previously. This will reduce by about 10,000-fold the data quantity (and processing) needed to generate the graphs and other data WT2 works with. Also, the larger variety of sources should allow for more accurate tracking of trends across several fields. I will be alerting my hosting provider to this so I can get that support thread closed. Razz
Haha, thats awesome. I love the 29% CPU and 61% RAM used *daily* - not just a spike here and there.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Haha, thats awesome. I love the 29% CPU and 61% RAM used *daily* - not just a spike here and there.
Indeed.

So does anyone have suggestions of new headline or numerical data to be added to WT?
*bump* As usual, everything must start with an icon, and here it is:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours