The PC beta demo is out for UT3! Get it while its hot - Kerm: we need a rematch of the ut2k4 game in ut3 Wink

http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+Tournament+3+Beta+Demo/;8780331;/fileinfo.html

To those worried about performance, it seems to scale amazingly well: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=464 - the current midrange 8600GT doesn't seem to have any problem at resolutions as high as 1600x1200 Surprised
I started this earlier and it downloaded over an hour and a half, then my pc froze up and I had to do a hard restart (windows :/). When I rebooted, not only did I have to wait in line again, but I had to redownload the ENTIRE thing. What's the point in using their lame download manager if it can't save ANY of my progress?

I only have about 50 minutes to go, now..
Downloaded; installing now.
CRYSIS DEMO IN 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or something like that...)

Unfortunately, I cannot dl 700 mb, let alone multiple gigabytes...

I will ask my friend to dl it and burn a copy, he has an 8 mbps internet or something (I CANNNOT WAIT until we finally get some optics in our area...)

If I give someone my address can they burn it to a CD and mail it to me? Razz
Yeah, I was looking at this the other day when I ran into the PhysX engine by Ageia. Its being used in UT3.

Check it out:
http://www.ageia.com/physx/ut3.html
cool, I will be downloading to try out. I wonder how my 7900 Go GS will stand up to this.
Yay for torrents so I don't have to wait. Very Happy

I'm impressed how small that thing is. The World In Conflict demo was several gigs, but I guess this could be a lot less complex.
tried it out, and it rocks. Going to have to get this game.
Kllrnohj wrote:

To those worried about performance, it seems to scale amazingly well: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=464 - the current midrange 8600GT doesn't seem to have any problem at resolutions as high as 1600x1200 Surprised
SWEET! That's card I'm looking at right now!
rivereye wrote:
cool, I will be downloading to try out. I wonder how my 7900 Go GS will stand up to this.

Yeah, thats what I have. It works well...

But hey, have any of you all had this problem:

After I play for a while, the game will crash and then the screen will be black except my mouse. I can click things, but I can't do anything else. Like, I can tell theres an error message that pops up, and I can tell where the "Don't Send" and "Send Error Report" messages are, because I've been around XP for longer then a week. Haha.

But yeah, does anyone know how that would be fixable? I'm guessing its got to do with my graphics card/drivers/performance being run too high.

I sent the graphics for the game at, like, medium-high, and it doesn't lag. But after a while, it crashes for some reason. The first time it happened, was after the first run into about my 7th game. Then it started to become more frequent, until I had to restart my computer because it wouldn't even open.
The Tari wrote:
Yay for torrents so I don't have to wait. Very Happy

I'm impressed how small that thing is. The World In Conflict demo was several gigs, but I guess this could be a lot less complex.

I downloaded it without waiting from filefront @ 1700KB/sec - no need for a slow torrent Razz

@Harrier: I'd wait if I were you - new video cards are due out sometime next month (rumored to be released same day as Crysis). I've been hearing that it will both lower prices and introduce a cheaper high-end version (perhaps an 8800GT?). Regardless, if I remember right the 8600 GT is slower than last generations high end (X1950 and 7950) - so if I were you I would hold off until current generation's high ends price drops because from what I've seen it doesn't look like the 8600GT has the muscle to run DX10 games...
Gah, it totally raped my 7600GT. I had to crank it down to 800x600 to even make it playable. I can run 2004 on max rez with high detail fine. That one obliterated me... :/
I don't have Vista anyways...I was planning on the 8600GT that I found [url=]here[/url], since it is compatible with my current build and it's pretty cheap. In all likelyhood, I won't be getting UT3 for while.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
I don't have Vista anyways...I was planning on the 8600GT that I found [url=]here[/url], since it is compatible with my current build and it's pretty cheap. In all likelyhood, I won't be getting UT3 for while.

Nice url skillz Razz If you don't care about DX10 I'd pick up a 7950GT or X1950 - both are faster than the 8600GT if I remember correctly.
Not so much the 7950 GT, but the X1950 XT[X] still spanks anything that isn't an 8800, especially if you crank up the AA.
The Tari wrote:
Not so much the 7950 GT, but the X1950 XT[X] still spanks anything that isn't an 8800, especially if you crank up the AA.

Yes, but the XT is also more expensive than the GT Very Happy A 7900GS can be had new for ~$110, X1950Pro for ~$140, the X1950XT though is closer to ~$190.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours