Kerm, fix the text input routines for renaming and folder making so they don't do stupid things when you press non-letter keys or try to delete.

thats where MOS frequently crashes too.....renaming files.
Will do. I just need to fix that keymapping table.
I still think you should just suck it up and GUIfy them.....but w/e
elfprince13 wrote:
I still think you should just suck it up and GUIfy them.....but w/e
Methinks I'm too far into the dev cycle for that. Too many possibilities for me screwing up. Quick poll, though:

a) GUIfy!
b) Don't bother.

Go.
(A)

its not working greatly at the moment anyway, and its the sort of thing you can test extensively pretty easily.

and you changed the properties menu just as late.

right now the rename+folder thing is the one feature of DCS I'm not hugely happy with. it just doesn't fit.
I think you should put it up in a window. I mean, come on, it looks like a n00b put that there... Razz Just Joking

Anyways, yes, use the GUI system you have.
Yeah, fine, will do. I hate you all. Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for that entirely topical Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail image...
it was quite topical Wink

surely you remember the appropriate quote associated with that scene....
A) If you don't GUIify, then whats the point of the mouse and GUI routines? That would be like hitting 'rename' on a file in Windows Explorer, and having a command line pop up asking you for the new file name....

Just make sure you allow for plenty of bug testing after you switch it over Wink
Doors is a great piece of sware! And defenetly worth getting, no matter if it's for educational purposes or to game durning the lessons ;D .
Kirth wrote:
Doors is a great piece of sware! And defenetly worth getting, no matter if it's for educational purposes or to game durning the lessons ;D .

Yup, the last time I used DCS I couldn't stop swearing at it Wink
Meh.. I use Calcutil more now and only use DCS to play Invalid Tangram.
Kirth wrote:
Thanks Kirth, despite the slight lack of spelling and grammar in that post. Wink I'll leave the flaming to Kllrnohj.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks Kirth, despite the slight lack of spelling and grammar in that post. Wink I'll leave the flaming to Kllrnohj.

Thanks for the flame chance, but as you can see, I passed it over above and opted to make a joke at the spelling mistake while dissing DCS at the same time. win-win for me! Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
Meh.. I use Calcutil more now and only use DCS to play Invalid Tangram.

tsk tsk. Kerm, this is why I told you to finish the runprog entry point.
Exactly my point if he ever finnishes it Many more peolple will download it t use it with Msd8x and calcutil/NoShell. maybe that would allow you to make a light version that just contains runprog and the other DCS routines.
TheStorm wrote:
Exactly my point if he ever finnishes it Many more peolple will download it t use it with Msd8x and calcutil/NoShell. maybe that would allow you to make a light version that just contains runprog and the other DCS routines.

that is an excellent idea, strip off the desktop interface for people who like the homescreen.
/me <3 that idea. I've grown to really like CalcUtil (although my modified Omnicalc has some issues with it).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours