Just for fun, I wrote up a comparison of the five most popular TI calculator programming community fora, excluding ticalc.org, of course. The results weren't a huge surprise; UnitedTI won in every category except posts per day, in which category Cemetech earned first place. Maxcoderz came in a fairly close third, while Omnimaga lagged behind in fourth and Revsoft brough up the rear in fifth. Check it out, and comment!

pwsome
lol do you mean awesome

or did you mean to spell "opossum" ( I believe that is the proper spelling of the animals common name)

lol Just Joking
Groene07 wrote:
0x5 do you mean awesome

or did you mean to spell "opossum" ( I believe that is the proper spelling of the animals common name)

0x5 Just Joking
No, he actually meant "pwnsome", not "pwsome".
Nice this proves that Cemetech pwns but UTI does have the age advantage and the have a lot more projects going.
Does anybody else think that it's not a coincidence that they placed in order of age (UTI's oldest and placed first, etc)?
The Tari wrote:
Does anybody else think that it's not a coincidence that they placed in order of age (UTI's oldest and placed first, etc)?
To some extent, but note the discrepancy of Revsoft, and note also that even with normalized per-day averages, the order remains.
Actually Revsoft is older than Omnimega so that is not entirely true.
Dang Kerm beat me. Smile
Good job Kerm on making a popular website! Smile

Hmm, I still need to join at UTI at some point...
I think its funny we have ~1/5 the members of uti and 3/4 the posts =P
Well, Cemetech has Kerm, with his 34.19% of the total posts (about 22000, I think) Very Happy

About the age thing...

Forums only grow if they are advertised, or are an entirely new type of forum that many people would like to go to.

The only reason anyone goes to the OTBP forum is that calc84maniac & I have told people, plus "advertising" on Cemetech and a few other forums.

I don't think we have gotten any members that are unrelated to either of the said subjects.

Regardless, congrats to Kerm!

BTW, how did you get the age statistics?
b-flat wrote:

The only reason anyone goes to the OTBP forum is that calc84maniac & I have told people, plus "advertising" on Cemetech and a few other forums.

I disagree completely. I think people also come because calc84maniac's projects are amazing, and they want to talk about them.
Sting::Ray wrote:
I disagree completely. I think people also come because calc84maniac's projects are amazing, and they want to talk about them.

Yes, but how many of those people found out about the forum in another way?

I definitely agree that they continue to come because of his awesome projects (and maybe my awesome projects, someday Rolling Eyes ).

I cannot think of any user that joined in another way.

Look at the topic "NOT FOUND" ( link ) to see what I mean.
I joined because I know calc84maniac from MathCounts. Laughing

I know, nobody else joined that way. Once Project M is released, though, he'll... (Oops. That doesn't exist.)

We just need to get more popular, somehow... Rolling Eyes
sweet that this site has some great honors upon it. Go Kerm
Sting::Ray wrote:
I know, nobody else joined that way.

*cough*World_War_2_Panzer*cough*mathfreak*cough* Razz
And how many posts do they each have? Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours