Live and learn. Seriously, you only learn if you make mistakes. Plus, trying to fix screwed-up code is one of the best ways to understand and learn from a program
Yes, but what about the people who don't code that is who I am worried about.
As I said, live and learn. Besides, you can always RE-download it if you have to. That's my 2-cents-worth anyway.
KeithJohansen wrote:
As I said, live and learn. Besides, you can always RE-download it if you have to. That's my 2-cents-worth anyway.
I agree with you on this. Perhaps we'd have more programmers if more people were exposed to code in the first place and said to themselves, "hmm, I think I could handle this, it looks like it makes sense." Also like your new avatar.
I just figured out to always try [2ND][MODE] before [CLEAR]. Wink
Sting::Ray wrote:
I just figured out to always try [2<sup>nd</sup>][MODE] before [CLEAR]. Wink
Very Happy Clear to quit the editor? Great idea, Sherlock. Very Happy
Not my idea, somebody else did that! Rolling Eyes
Not my idea, somebody else did that! Rolling Eyes
Anyway, way back ontopic. Any bugs so far?

This should be the final beta before the release of Doors CS 6.1. Most of the improvements have to do with the new in-shell editor. The Editor feature is now properly limited to BASIC programs and deals correctly with archived and/or locked programs. Goto is now completely instantaneous and understands subprograms. Several other stability issues have been dealt with, most involving the CALCnet2 networking subsystem. In the documentation arena, the manual has been updated to address the new features and interface for several areas of the shell. Check it out and report back! If you experience any issues with the editor, a RAM clear and if necessary an appvar purge usually does the trick.

Download:
Doors CS 6.1 'Montuori' Beta 4
Wtf the infopop is still messed up, it doesn't work with lowercase and a few symbols. Also it doesn't work for archived programs.
TheStorm wrote:
Wtf the infopop is still messed up, it doesn't work with lowercase and a few symbols. Also it doesn't work for archived programs.
Yeah, dude, I already fixed that. Oh, I guess I didn't mention it here - I fixed that an hour after releasing this beta.
I think you got it backwards, Kerm. You're supposed to fix it THEN release it, not vice versa. Don't be Microsoft Razz Laughing Just Joking
KeithJohansen wrote:
I think you got it backwards, Kerm. You're supposed to fix it THEN release it, not vice versa. Don't be Microsoft Razz 0x5 Just Joking
I forgot until after I released. If you want to check the bleeding-edge version, go here:
http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs6.8xk
Yeah, imitating Microsoft is always a bad idea, especially when it comes to releasing things that actually work. Laughing
Yeah, imitating Microsoft is always a bad idea, especially when it comes to releasing things that actually work. 0x5
Razz Keith already made that point, Sting::Ray, thanks. Anyway, since no one has complained about Montuori Beta 4 other than the things I've already fixed, chances are I'm going to go ahead and release it once I finish that info page from the Icon Style topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours