I'm finally rewriting my Sudoku GUI (see here)!
I'm rewriting the engine from the ground up, and I hope to include a real generator now, rather than a pretty pathetic database of two possible puzzles.
It's coming along fine, but I'm still in need of a good puzzle generator. Any ideas?
Ah! I can help. Here is my development package for the Sudoku game I made.

While it technically isn't a "random generator", it simply takes one of 3 matrices (I think), and mixes them according to certain guidelines--giving a strong impression you are playing a new Sudoku every time.

And in that zip is a sudoku-validity checking program that takes less than a second to check if the sudoku in [A] is valid.
The Tari wrote:
I'm finally rewriting my Sudoku GUI (see here)!
I'm rewriting the engine from the ground up, and I hope to include a real generator now, rather than a pretty pathetic database of two possible puzzles.
It's coming along fine, but I'm still in need of a good puzzle generator. Any ideas?

can't wait to see it. with regards to the generator, surely a smart fellow like you can come up with something: http://www.google.com/search?q=generating+sudoku
True; I did some more research after posting, and I'll probably just put together some solution with row, column, and digit swapping.
*nudge*
It's looking good, and I have some cool looking animations/pseudo-windowing for the high scores. I had an animation, but photobucket says it has too many frames to resize, so you'll only get that description for now.
What about ImageShack?

And has my pre-made programs helped any?
I haven't tried any of your stuff out yet, but I'll be using the validity-checker definitely, and maybe the randomizer.
If you want a few more possibilities, simply increase the random number range of the matrix chooser variable (I think it's A), and add If A=#:[[...→[A].

That's it for now; you can enter up to six characters for your name. Basically all I need to add is the puzzle generation, puzzle checking (exiting right now brings up the 'Puzzle Complete!' dialog), and high scores dialog.
Ill start working on a random generator as soon as people stop talking to me on IM
Have you guys taken a look at mine? It's relatively fast, efficient, and more random than any other right now. (With exception of all the preset sudoku games)
Im going to try to make a totally random one. Ill work on it all night.
Good luck. I'm telling you, a peek at my source code might shorten "all night" to "an hour or half."
Eh, I might if I start having trouble lol.

Eye candy is basically complete (I decided to not bother with any major eye candy on the menu), so time to move on to the engine (checking and generating puzzles, also loading a saved game).
Nice it works now. I hope you can get this done before school is out that way I don't have to wait for you to upload ti to a site. hehe
Neat, Tari! The only thing is that you might want to skip ever other line on the scrolling dialogs.
*nudge*
Did s'more work on it in the past couple weeks. Fixed a couple bugs (checking the puzzle transposed it), made some UI improvements (no need to press F1 before entering a number anymore, can delete characters in high score entry), set up some default high scores, and made a pretty spiffy icon.

Now I just need to convince myself it's worthwhile to take a little time to steal HF's puzzle shuffler and write the saved game loader.
Yay, I got a highscore. Smile Just Joking

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours