CPC
Do you guys remember all the talks we used to have about the CPC (Cemetech Programming Convention)?

I was thinking, we should try to plan it again...
I think that's a good idea. I have some free time this summer, and I think a lot of the people heading to college have a bit more freedom than two years ago.
So, shall we outline?

I believe we agreed on NYC as the location...

Problem is going to be transportation... plane tickets aren't cheap...maybe Amtrak or bus lines? We'll have to figure out a way for everyone to get there, not just those of us with jobs...

Also, we'll need to find a location, and some activities. And we'll want a coordinator, etc... someone to help Kerm keep track of all the CPC info, etc.
Well I don't think the high school members can make it to NYC so it might be hard for a good chunck of you members to get there.
It'd be in the summer...

Maybe we should split it into three geographical locations, and link them through video conferencing somehow? That would make it easier...
We should do it Kansas City, Kansas, since that's the middle of the country.
That is a good idea like maybe on in NYC one in Chicago and one farther out west?
Edit: Which part of KC havacalc? I suggest the missurie side cuz then i can use vist my sis at collage.
yeah, I may not have school, but I do have work, and the boss likes to work my tail (not that I am complaining, making good money that way).
I'm sure we could figure out a weekend or something that everyone could get free for. The multilocation would be easier logistics-wise, but I dunno how it would work out...
Yeah, if anything, there should be one big one, not several miniconventions.

TheStorm wrote:
That is a good idea like maybe on in NYC one in Chicago and one farther out west?
Edit: Which part of KC havacalc? I suggest the missurie side cuz then i can use vist my sis at collage.
Answer:
haveacalc wrote:
We should do it Kansas City, Kansas, since that's the middle of the country.
Meh, I like the idea of having one in New York Razz.
didn't alex say he could get a convention center real cheap where he is though?
We don't even need a convention center, unless we all bring truckloads of computers. All we need is a conference room.
True, It's a calc convention it's not like were going to have a million people there.
TheStorm wrote:
True, It's a clac convention it's not like were going to have a million people there.

lol seriously.
I'm thinking a more rural setting would be better. Unlike NYC.
Super Speler wrote:
Meh, I like the idea of having one in New York Razz.
Same, for obvious reasons.
Ok, lets put it to a poll and then see what happens.
Quote:
We here at Cemetech have been planning a grand Programmers' Convention in NYC for July 2007. Let's resurrect the plans we had made here. We talked about having our convention over a weekend, and of course we'd need a keynote speaker on Sunday to talk about something related to graphing calculator programming. Saturday might be presentations of various revolutionary projects in progress. What else did we have?

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
CPC
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours