Ok. Well then, ignore my above post, I was bored waiting for my friends to come over... And don't download the ROM. End.
Meh, I don't really care. My personal policy is if you can't buy it, then download it. If the company can't be bothered to sell it anymore, then they don't deserve the copyright. Obviously U.S. law dictates otherwise, but who cares? Just don't get caught, and don't talk about it Wink.

I'm not sure if this applies in this particular case, as I'm not familiar with "Fire Emblem", but I am more talking about ROMs in general.

Oh, and just an FYI, it is considered copyright infringement to recreate the game at all, so you might want to at least mix it up a little so as not to be an exact clone (change names, alter the gameplay, etc...)
Well, it's really just the engine, not the entire game. That would take up the entire memory, along with some megabytes more.
Yeah, a complete port would be a killer, so I'm not gonna try that. After thinking about it, I am going to make this thing (this set of programs) the "shell" for the games, and hopefully will figure out some way to get programs as external levels. It'll be hard, but the thing is I want to use the least number of ASM libraries as possible.

About that: anybody know a good program that I could use to recognize names of programs and the coding of the program so that the shell would know which programs on the calculator are nothing important and which ones are levels/campaigns? Thanks!
kk, I'm not realy working on the engine ATM, I'm working on the sprites. So far I have this:

Any ideas are appreciated and welcome. Especially on sprites. They are all 8x8, so its gonna be relitively small.

Also, I want to ask again does anybody know a good program that I could use to recognize names of programs and the coding of the program so that the shell would know which programs on the calculator are nothing important and which ones are levels/campaigns? Thanks!
Nice SS. I don't know of any program to do what you want though...
It doesn't have to be a single program maybe a couple of programs could be used... Most likely in ASM they are written. <-- Yoda-speak!
Yeah....I don't know ASM (yet).
rax14207 wrote:
Yeah....I don't know ASM (yet).

Yep, that's my situation as well! Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours