Should I revive my game?
Yes
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Should I revive my latest (and only) game? It was only a battle system and a couple of people you chose to fight against, but should I revive it to a full RPG? Add in a couple of levels; try to see if I can make an external level generator? Stuff like that. Good/bad idea?
Sorry, but if you make it, it would only be for programming experience on your part, since there are already a million other BASIC RPGs. Learn ASM instead. You'll be happier.
Haveacalc, never ever ever say learn asm for that reason.
yeah, but i want to do something to suck up time, and an external level generator would be able to let people run their own mod packs and stuff on it so that tehre can be an infinite number of games, and ASM doesn't like me... What would be a good ASM guide?
I expect everyone would recommend 83pa28d if you're looking to learn assembly. If you don't want to do that (learn assembly), you can rewrite my Sudoku GUI (it's around.. here) which I've been meaning to vastly improve (learning C really improves your TI-BASIC skills) but aren't motivated enough to do.
Super Speler wrote:
Haveacalc, never ever ever say learn asm for that reason.
Not only am I not trying to be harsh at all, but I have nothing against BASIC. It's just that, since it's what everyone does, one has to be amazing for his projects to be noticed, especially when hundreds of others have made similar games in the past (especially RPGs) and will in the future. In my opinion, it's like trying to pan for specks of gold when the diamond mines are still chock-full.
http://z80.info/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours