Using USB8x, is there any way to configure it so that it supports wireless internet and bluetooth?

POS
Heck no.
Unless you want to write drivers..
I don't mind if i have to write the drivers for the device, but i want to fist know if it will even work

POS
In theory, it should, as long as the device doesn't require more current than the calculator can provide.
http://brandonw.net/calculators/
Off topic, but look what I saw on elfprinces site. Ooh... http://brandonw.net/calculators/savethewhales/
Super Speler wrote:
Off topic, but look what I saw on elfprinces site. Ooh... http://brandonw.net/calculators/savethewhales/

its Brandon Wilsons site Wink
I know, I meant the one you linked to when I said your site, sorry.
If you want to work on a wifi driver, have at it. Smile

The bluetooth driver has supposedly already been mostly written by Patrick Prendergast, but he's yet to release any code. I'd try bugging him for it if you want that.
blue tooth sweet work on that Just Joking but you would still need an application that could use it.
"The bluetooth driver has supposedly already been mostly written by Patrick Prendergast, but he's yet to release any code. I'd try bugging him for it if you want that."

sure i would love that!\
And i am creating an application that might be able to use bluetooth and wireless if i can create a program that simulates the computer software to run it.

POS
One of my friends just told me that it would be almost impossible, by the way he was saying it, to create a bluetooth running calculator by USB. is this true?

POS
I figured that it would be hard to due. plus the power issue the range would be limited.
TheStorm wrote:
I figured that it would be hard to due. plus the power issue the range would be limited.

That is why if you notice you have to use a "special" cable to provide power from a 9v battery rather than the USB port of the calculator.

@POS: Why would it be impossible? (and use the "edit" button please, don't double post)
*sigh* It would be almost impossible unless you implement an external power source (you said a 9 volt battery), but who wants to carry battery AND the connector around?

Plus their is the fact that you have been programming asm what, 15 days?
POS wrote:
One of my friends just told me that it would be almost impossible, by the way he was saying it, to create a bluetooth running calculator by USB. is this true?

POS

Your friend is an idiot. As I said, Patrick Prendergast got it working under a Google Summer of Code grant last year, though he didn't finish and hasn't released the code. He found a bluetooth adapter that used slightly less than 100mA of power and used that to code it.
Harq wrote:
Plus their is the fact that you have been programming asm what, 15 days?

Who is that "you" directed at? Please be more specific. If it was indeed towards me (as I was the post before yours), then you are wrong. I don't program ASM at all Razz (although I have in the past, and I am moderately familiar with it)

As for the who wants to carry a battery around with the connector, that would obviously be anyone that wants wifi/bluetooth on the calculator Rolling Eyes
It was directed at POS Very Happy

Sorry, I was really pissy yesterday because I had been working all weekend on a project, all doom and gloom when I talked to him.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours