just showed up on Fox News, at least 21 are dead at Virgina Tech, the name of the gunmen hasn't been revealed yet.
Yup, saw it on digg.

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSLS/MGArticle/SLS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350761291
at least 32 dead now. bah.
elfprince13 wrote:
at least 32 dead now. bah.
Holy frickitude. Not good at all...
Very, very bad indeed. And to think the Columbine shooting happened in another 4 days many years ago (4/20) Sad
Eeep, that's not good at all. School violence is going up... it's rather sad.

btw I renamed the topic...
this is now being counted as the deadliest shooting in or out of school in US history.

[edit]

also, 2 distinct shootings a couple hours apart by the same person
alex10819 wrote:
Eeep, that's not good at all. School violence is going up... it's rather sad.

Incorrect. According to federal data, we (by we I mean people under the age of ~25) are the most peaceful, least violent generation in recorded history (by a huge margin) - and the current trend is DOWNWARD
Well 31 are dead, and the shooter died. And to think that i live about an hour away from tech, and i want to go there. At 4:15 pm the president is going to take over the tv's. What makes it even worse is this is the second shooting at tech in a year. In the first one 12 people died. The students that were interviewed are saying the rumours going around campus about a motive are it was over a girlfriend, or he was mad at a proffessor. Both of which are very stupid reasons. Because of the shooting schools will be closed tommorow and most students probably won't even go back to class wednesday.
Sad Its incredibly sad that someone would kill so many students at a college... Does anyone know whether he was a student there or something along those lines?

I read somewhere that Jack Thompson is blaming the whole thing on video games... WTF???
Shock
I thought this was about Coloumbine when I read this topic title. But nooo... Thats sad, I first heard it here then went to watch the news with my dad.

My school just got camera's set-up, I don't feel safe any more. Haha, I'm getting some d3o gel and wearing it >.> Beneath my 3 pairs of pants and 1 shirt Wink Rolling Eyes
Hey you only hear about the shootings but my sisters college has gangs moving in around campus her friends have been mugged at shotgun point and that kid was like a large football player close to 7 ft Surprised
TheStorm wrote:
Hey you only hear about the shootings but my sisters college has gangs moving in around campus her friends have been mugged at shotgun point and that kid was like a large football player close to 7 ft Surprised

*head spins* Come again? Lets try it this way:

Hey, you only hear about the shootings. My sisters college has gangs moving in, and around campus her friends have been mugged at shotgun point and that kid [that] was [mugged and he was] like a large football player close to 7 ft! Surprised

Aww, better...

No offense mate, but I pity your english teacher ~_~
Laughing Cool
Yeah I pity her too Exclamation lol Rolling Eyes
I barely pass English but maybe I should do the homework. Razz and spend less time on my calc. TI-84+ SE
Haha, my english teacher kept saying 'Put that toy away.' One day she finally said 'If I see that toy out again I'm confiscating it.' I was like, curses. Thus ended my major role in programming. I don't program a lot lately. But I do have one project rolling on. What its about, withheld.

I passed with a C I think, went from a A to an F and never got a call from the teacher >.>

Glad you took it in stride, hate it when I anger/upset people.
yeah your a nice grammar NAZI *cough kllrnohj cough*
TheStorm wrote:
yeah your a nice grammar NAZI *cough kllrnohj cough*

I'm just brutally honest - people pay attention better that way (as you know associate me with anyone making corrections to your grammar - which I imagine happens quite frequently)

Re Jack: Yeah, he's an attention whore who is using the horrible events to further his personal career. What an asshole.
Well, Kllr, do you have any objections to my grammar of late? I do agree, good grammar makes you more likely to be respected, and when you're respected... well, things just get easier.

And yes, Jack is a bit of a media whore. That's the only way to get your opinion on the mass media these days...
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Come again? Lets try it this way:
Hey, you only hear about the shootings. My sisters college has gangs moving in, and around campus her friends have been mugged at shotgun point and that kid [that] was [mugged and he was] like a large football player close to 7 ft! Surprised
Let's try it once more, shall we?

Hey, you only hear about the shootings. My sister's college has gangs moving in, and around campus her friends have been mugged at shotgun-point. One of the kids that was mugged was like a large football player close to 7 ft! Surprised

Better? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours