ARD: Augmented Reality Display

No info for you guys yet, just a teaser logo. Wink I may have pix up tomorrow or Sunday.
hey now fun, you have to share with your favorite global moderator, k?
rivereye wrote:
hey now fun, you have to share with your favorite global moderator, k?
I'll give you a hint - I got the idea from this month's Wired magazine.
For those of us who dont get that magazine can you tell us the jist of the article that sparked your mind?
WARNING: Click link at own risk.

I KNOW I KNOW! THIS!
Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing

Don't kill me. =X

(repost, I changed my mind XD, Included a warning this time now that I've "read" the article rather than act on the title.)
You're making a program that displays a simulation of what it's like to be on drugs?

Laughing I jest. Don't kill me Razz

Seriously Kerm, what is ARD? Confused THe suspense is killing me (and others).
I mean, I have theories based upon what I have read in Pop Sci but I hardly believe I'm right.
Here, I'll point you to a specific article. I haven't posted details yet because I'm trying to improve the resolution.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.04/esp.html
KermMartian wrote:
Here, I'll point you to a specific article. I haven't posted details yet because I'm trying to improve the resolution.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.04/esp.html

OOOOOOH I have seen that before!

Are you trying to make some Uber glasses that let us see magnetic fields or something [you really need a dork smilie]
Harq wrote:
Are you trying to make some Uber glasses that let us see magnetic fields or something [you really need a dork smile]

Yea, this defiantly calls for a dork smile and or a nerd smile. Razz
Interesting, interesting. And Kerm, do you plan to bundle this with DCS?
Because that would be really cool Razz

Instead of looking at DCS on my calculator, I could run it through elecrodes in my tongue...
Yup, it's the tongue electrode. Needless to say, the one I'm trying to build is a bit less high-tech than theirs, but it's a start.
I saw a thing on the internet where blind people could see through some electrodes on their tongue, hooked up to a camera... they showed a blindfolded guy catching balls rolled across a table, it was kinda cool.
alex10819 wrote:
I saw a thing on the internet where blind people could see through some electrodes on their tongue, hooked up to a camera... they showed a blindfolded guy catching balls rolled across a table, it was kinda cool.
Yup, that's this. I'm thinking of it for more commercial uses, like data display (such as news headlines, etc).
that is kind of cool, though it would look as weird as can be. Ah well.
Why do you end half of your posts with "ah well?"
Have you guys seen the work a scientist is doing for paralytics? They implant things in your neck that intercept brain signals to say, the arm, that wont make it because of their condition, and transmits it past the damaged area, to another receptor that sends it along to its destination. Or somethin along those lines...
Mmm, I want one.
The Tari wrote:
Mmm, I want one.

Me too! Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
The Tari wrote:
Mmm, I want one.

Me too! Very Happy
I think I figured out how to increase the resolution density (taxels per inch) by about 20x; I'm trying to find one material that I need to make it work though.
What material?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours