Do you know more than your school tech guys?
Yes, a lot more!
 37%  [ 3 ]
Yes
 50%  [ 4 ]
About the same.
 12%  [ 1 ]
I know nothing about this stuff. :|
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

The AV guys at my school are dumb as rocks they install projectors without all the cables. Then they tell teachers that if the want this or that feature they need to buy this when they don't need it. I've had too help so many of my teachers get DVDs playing that it's all I do. I don't mind the extra credit though, hehe. Razz When will they learn that if there are two video cables you need two sets of audio cables too. Duh. they have all the cables and wiring they need in back rooms so pull it out and use it. When will they learn. Evil or Very Mad
Razz I hate that, when people who are supposed to know what they're doing are bumbling, useless idiots.

Also, I'm going to go Grammar Nazi on you:

The AV guys at my school a dumb as rocks: they install projectors without all the cables. Then they tell teachers that if the want this or that feature they need to buy this when they don't need it. I've had to help so many of my teachers get DVDs playing that it's all I do. I don't mind the extra credit though, hehe. Razz When will they learn that if there are two video cables you need two sets of audio0 cables too. Duh. they have all the cables and wiring they need in back rooms so pull it out and use it. When will they learn. Evil or Very Mad
KermMartian wrote:
Razz I hate that, when people who are supposed to know what they're doing are bumbling, useless idiots.

Hey at least your a nice grammar Nazi! Hint, hint, Kllrnohj. Evil or Very Mad
My school just recently started installing DVD players in all the rooms and it has been problems from the start. One of the tech guys told my teacher she need a converter for the audio inputs Confused when all the needed cables are in the F#*@($& box I mean cmon....I had to fix that up and yes the extra credit is great. Razz

Edit:
TheStorm wrote:

Hey at least your a nice grammar Nazi! Hint, hint, Kllrnohj. Evil or Very Mad

I second that statement. Razz
KermMartian wrote:

Tsk, tsk Kerm. You missed some Wink

The AV guys at my school are dumb as rocks: they install projectors without all the cables. Then they tell teachers that if they want this or that feature they need to buy this when they don't need it. I've had to help so many of my teachers get DVDs playing that it's all I do. I don't mind the extra credit though, hehe. Razz When will they learn that if there are two video cables you need two sets of audio [editor: Kerm, why the hell did you add this '0'?] cables, too [editor: Kerm, nice of you to randomly bold 'too' without actually changing anything Very Happy ]. Duh. They have all the cables and wiring they need in back rooms, so pull it out and use it. When will they learn. Evil or Very Mad

Of course, there is a minor factual error in here, but its not all that big of a deal. Its just that there are two cables that transfer audio AND video, so you wouldn't need two sets of cables. The old 'antennae' style cable (don't remember its name, but you rarely see it connecting A/V equipment, so its not a big deal), and the newer HDMI cables.
@Kllrnohj: I edited the errors duh! The cables run to the projector are; one computer RBG cable, one S-video cable, one yellow video cable, and one set of red and white audio cables. There is no RF connection (old style antenna) on the Projector. and it's missing audio cables for the S-video impute.
TheStorm wrote:
@Kllrnohj: I edited the errors duh!

Huh? Your original post still has errors, and I corrected what Kerm posted - so you definitely couldn't have edited that... So what in the world are you trying to say?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it now. Your original post just has FEWER errors now - but its still got them. A glance through showed you are still missing some of the punctuation Kerm and I added.
The '0' and 'too' are bolded because he had the '0' and had typed 'two', respectively.
KermMartian wrote:
The '0' and 'too' are bolded because he had the '0' and had typed 'two', respectively.

So he had already partially corrected his - you are somewhat forgiven Razz (although you still missed other things, such as there needing to be a comma before the 'too')
they used to freak out if i sat down at a school computer, now I frequently get sent to do jobs when they're busy, and left in charge of the lab.
well, what ticks me off is that the school bought new computers with Vista on them, and can't get Novell to work on them. So we are without a computer lab now (and one of my classes is in that lab).
At least you HAVE some AV tech guys. At my school, they're either endangered or already extinct. Pretty much anything that stops working stays that way. Although it's not exactly a bad thing Razz

"Sorry class, no test today since the overhead's not working again."

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours