It seems that when I re-built the DCS Icon generator the first time, I missed defining Str1, so now that that is fixed, I present version 1.3 of the DCS Icon Generator.

DCS Icon Generator

(Thanks goes to KeithJohansen for the bug report)
Is the hex stored to a string? If so why not make it say 'Use the Rcl command on String X at the beginning of your program'
Watch the screenshot, at the bottom, says it is stored in Str1...
K. i think that would be a lot easier then copying down a hex code.
Good job, Dan, I can't believe we didn't catch that. Razz
I took the liberty of submitting to ticalc already, so no need for you to do so.
tifreak8x wrote:
I took the liberty of submitting to ticalc already, so no need for you to do so.
Excellent. I edited the news article to add the 300 article announcement and created a duplicate topic to discuss that aspect of this.
hey is it possable to make this for 16x16 icons because their a lot harder to make, okay maybe not harder but more time consuming.
The next update for it I put out will inclue both 8x8 and 16x16 capabilites. For the time being, just use http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38904.html, and use the hex that it stores in Str4.
@tifreak8x bad link Sad website cannot be found
<edit> Oh, yea, a suggestion would be to distribute this program with DCS6 when it is released. Very Happy
Did you try removing the comma? URL's don't usually end with commas - it is pretty obvious that he didn't mean for that to be included in the link... Rolling Eyes http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38904.html
lol, thanks kllrnohj, for catchin that Rolling Eyes
I remember making a post about this somewhere. Search TIFW, no luck, so possibly not.

But I have an error:
Quote:

Hey, I just noticed that there's an extra pixel in each icon. Right where I left the cursor from the Icon Generator. Anyway to fix that? I'd attempt to edit the HEX in my programs but I don't have a clue where it would be. XD

Posted this in the RC4 topic. Hence the quotes.
Not entirely sure, but I will take a look this evening when I have a chance... I guess while I am at it, I could add support for the 16x16 icons... Razz
Also add the " syntax! That's important to prevent weird overflow errors that occasionally crop up.
I thought DCS automatically puts in a quote...
What do you mean Kerm??
calc84maniac wrote:
I thought DCS automatically puts in a quote...
...no, where did you get that idea from?

@Dan: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
tifreak8x wrote:
Not entirely sure, but I will take a look this evening when I have a chance... I guess while I am at it, I could add support for the 16x16 icons... Razz

I have done that for you (added fully support for 16*16 icons)... BTW, I have also added a loading function, and I fixed that extra pixel problem.
Yup, he uploaded it to the archives here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours