Doors CS 6.0 RC2.1 brings several minor updates and fixes based on bug reports, including resolution of a few fatal crashes and a multitude of tweaks to improve the overall experience. Of particular interest are tweaks to the Associated Program (AP) system that should allow all subsequently-created AP-based programs to work properly and use calls such as FileOpen and FileSaveAs. If you're interested in testing out Document DE 6, this would be the release to use.
Note: Thanks to a fix, it is no longer necessary to delete old Appvars before installing an upgrade to Doors CS.

Download
Doors CS 6.0 Release Candidate 2.1
dling now..l

im still getting a bug
once i make a file, save it, go back to dcs and run it again, then exit, the docde icon is trashed, and when i run docde i get a GUI Error: Need RAM
Sweeeeet! I've always loved DCS for the beautiful GUI. Now that the hidden bug is fixed (thank you very much, Kerm), I'll start using DCS more often. A LOT more often.

Oh hey, not really a bug, but would be a nice feature to have. Say keeping the window's spot after returning from a prog.
When I switch to caps to no caps to number, when you are on no caps and you type the little a at the top right corner becomes distorted.

RC2.1 ROCKS Kerm!! (Thanks for the tutorial mims thing) Good Idea
Distortion: known problem; I'm working on it.
Pseudo's trashed icon deal: I'll look into it.
The trashed icon thing happened to me too and after it became trashed I got Basic error #514.

You seem to be doing alot of work I wish I could help, then again I wish I also knew ASM. Confused
Hrm...the checkboxes still bug me. It looks like the top pixel of the 3*3 X is off by 2 pixels.

Oh, and I couldn't find in the readme how to use backgrounds. What pic should I store to to use as a background?
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Hrm...the checkboxes still bug me. It looks like the top pixel of the 3*3 X is off by 2 pixels.

Oh, and I couldn't find in the readme how to use backgrounds. What pic should I store to to use as a background?
Give this a try and see if it works for you:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34155.html
I dont know if this is the calc, or what...

I cannot put any DocDE files in a folder. I tried to exit DCS, it crashed. I then went in and opened the doc file, tried to close it, the calc froze. This is on an 84+, with 2.21 OS.

This has happened twice.
Was this before or after you got the scrambled program? I need to trace where this corruption is coming from...
Before.

Also, for others who may not see what was posted in SAX:

I made the icon go nuts, then sent that DocDE program to another 83+, with the latest DCS, and sure enough, the icon looks identical.
run docde>works good>save as>open saved file>exit

thing gets scrambled, if you try to run it, ram clear.
Hrmm...quick question. Is the background XOR'd?

I noticed DCS also notices nostub. That's a nice feature!
tifreak8x wrote:
Before.

Also, for others who may not see what was posted in SAX:

I made the icon go nuts, then sent that DocDE program to another 83+, with the latest DCS, and sure enough, the icon looks identical.
Well, at least that narrows it down to when the icon's getting screwed up.

Just to put this in perspective, I want to point out that this bug is coming from the AP system, not from any part of the DCS core. Smile

Falcon: yes, and thanks. Smile

Edit: just found a bug in FileOpen and FileSaveAs (GUI) - they start with the scrollbar in the page2 position.
Edit #2: I was unable to duplicate the corruption problem under 2.40 on my TI-84+.

Edit #3: May I have screenshots of:
1) Demon: Thre's another one - whenever a program crashes back to TIOS (esp an ASM program), when you re-run DCS, it crashes
2) The corruption thing?

Thanks guys.
KermMartian wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:

Give this a try and see if it works for you:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34155.html

may I suggest you include that with the official DCS download? and perhaps add something to the readme?
As soon as can ever get PTI working in WINE...
Demon wrote:
As soon as can ever get PTI working in WINE...

Um.. why? Is it any better than TilEm?
WAYYYYYYY better. Built-in screenies are the best quality. It has THE most accurate emulation I've seen. It's a stand-alone. You don't need a ROM. Anything else?

Oh, and after a day, "Allow Background" checkbox is filled with what appears to be an inverted upside-down Galaxian enemy.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
WAYYYYYYY better. Built-in screenies are the best quality. It has THE most accurate emulation I've seen. It's a stand-alone. You don't need a ROM. Anything else?

Oh, and after a day, "Allow Background" checkbox is filled with what appears to be an inverted upside-down Galaxian enemy.
What are you talking about? Of course you need a ROM... Razz

Screenie of the Galaxian, plox?
1. Yeah, but you can use "TI83Plus.clc", which technically isn't a ROM Very Happy

2. I got it on-calc, I'll see if I can reproduce it on PTI...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours