Over the past two weeks, I've been addicted to Rubik's cubes after I dug out my old rotten 3x3x3 cube. After looking through some guides on the internet, I got pretty good at solving it (averaging around five minutes).

Well, I ordered some cubes on ebay (2x2x2, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5) and I taught myself how to solve them. I also saw that nobody on youtube had made a movie solving every cube. So, I decided to make one. Keep in mind this is sped up 2.5x (I needed it to be under 10min for youtube).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3757636327232673890&hl=en

My Record Times:

2: 0:22
3: 1:29
4: 5:43
5: 11:31

So are there any other fellow cube addicts out there?
I like to play around with them, but I really suck at them. Maybe I should find the cube and some info on how to solve, and give it a shot.
Aww, the 3x3x3 is really easy. The Professor's cube (5x5x5) is the man's cube. Very Happy No, but seriously, if you find it and a guide of any worth, you can do it. I'm considering making video tutorials for the NxNxN cube (where N is any integer 2 to infinity).
I have a 4x4x4, but I never use it.

But I must say, I loved watching your expressions in the video Very Happy (particularly when you randomly stuck your tongue out Wink )
Surprised I can't watch it =\ I have been having issues where ANY video, youtube or otherwise, stops after about 2 seconds in any browser Sad
Kllrnohj wrote:
But I must say, I loved watching your expressions in the video Very Happy (particularly when you randomly stuck your tongue out Wink )

Haha, if I didn't edit out the audio track, you would clearly hear Hendrix in the background which is why I would have what must look like bizarre facial expressions. I'm aware that I stick my tongue out when I concentrate hard on something. I try to think of it as an homage to Michael Jordan instead of weird. Looks pretty funny, though.
I have a 3x3x3 cube, but I can only solve one side (correctly, though, so it can be finished) reliably. After that, I can sometimes get a bit more.
I notice that you also chew on your tongue when in deep concentration, much as I do.
KermMartian wrote:
I notice that you also chew on your tongue when in deep concentration, much as I do.

I used to, but my mom would keep making fun of me for it, so I managed to force myself to not do it. So now I just make fun of others that stick their tongue out Razz
Ok, I get it. Next movie, I won't film my face Razz lol.

...back on the subject of rubik's cubes, I've been craving bigger cubes (6x6x6 and 7x7x7), but they aren't publicly distributed yet and I'd rather have the physical cubes instead of a computer program (which I know there are ones that can do any size you want).

Anyone like the end of the video where I switch the centers or fumble the 4x4x4? Very Happy
I didn't notice it on my first viewing, since I didn't watch the entire thing, but I went back and looked. Nice... Razz
i have an idea for a contest. not programming, but a rubiks cube contest. make a video of you solving a 3^3 cube and link it up. what say we give a few weeks to prepare... t'would be fun.
the only way i can solve a rubics cube is with a screw driver.
niice. Added a comment on the video link.

Check it out.

Just finished the video, hence why I'm posting NOW. XD.
In the future, better light on the cube, and slow it down when you show us, the audianece, the cube. Practilly what I said on google, but I mentioned more critique.

Good Job! I loaned mine to a friend last saturday, he was slavin' away at it until he left, he asked if he could borrow it, I said sure, look up some guides when I get it back. Smile
I'm not impressed unless you can do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiQXgmVVGNA
jpez wrote:
I'm not impressed unless you can do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiQXgmVVGNA
Faked. It's just reversed - cf. the video responses to it.
How is it fake, Kerm? The cool part is that he can do it with his feet, not that he can solve it (which, as we can see with chip, is far from being impossible to solve in a short amount of time). And I'm not going to take the opinions of random loosers at YouTube.
This is how:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaVsaWjzsds

If you click the number next to Responses under the video that jpez posted, then you click the video with a rubics cube and text that says 'Solution' taking the whole preview image. Thats that video that I have here. (is it correct to have three 'thats' in that close of proximity in one sentance?) =X

Though Kllronhj, part of me hope you were joking..
jpez wrote:

Hehe, now I want to try that. But how could I prove without a doubt that I'm not just unsolving the rubik's cube like he did?

Edit: Would having a clock next to me as I solved the rubik's cube prove it, or is it possible to make a clock run backwards?

Edit2: Gah, my 2x2x2 and 3x3x3 cubes are too stiff for my feet to manipulate them. If I'm going to do this, it will only be with my 4x4x4, and that could take a while because it takes me around 6 minutes with my hands.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
This is how:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaVsaWjzsds

If you click the number next to Responses under the video that jpez posted, then you click the video with a rubics cube and text that says 'Solution' taking the whole preview image. Thats that video that I have here. (is it correct to have three 'thats' in that close of proximity in one sentance?) =X

Though Kllronhj, part of me hope you were joking..

You missed the point... The point isn't that he can or can't solve it (as that isn't all that impressive), the point is that he can manipulate it with his feet (see chip's failure to do so with a 3x3x3, which was used in the video)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours