So I've finally gotten around to messing with my current incarnation of MC (0.0.4) and I decided the AJAX+DHTML is totally insufficient for the scale of game I want to make. Unfortunately, I don't know Java, but that's quickly becoming a thing of the past. I've found an IDE, read a few tutorials, and found and compiled a demo with the jPCT 3D engine since 8:30am this morning; I'm now trying to figure out terrain generation. With any luck, I should have something or other coming sometime in the near future.
psh, java??? Why not do it in something thats actually FAST, like C/C++? You could then even implement a scripting engine and all sorts of cool stuff, without requiring the users to re-download it if they clear their cache....

sigh, such lost potential Razz
Actually a client wouldn't be that bad for it >.>

I wish you could program c++ into a webpage...
Kllrnohj wrote:
psh, java??? Why not do it in something thats actually FAST, like C/C++? You could then even implement a scripting engine and all sorts of cool stuff, without requiring the users to re-download it if they clear their cache....

ummmm....because he wants to a web based app, and C/C++ suck for that? or because he wants to learn Java anyway? or because he has the option to use .jnlp and then redownloading isn't a problem anyway?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

ummmm....because he wants to a web based app, and C/C++ suck for that? or because he wants to learn Java anyway? or because he has the option to use .jnlp and then redownloading isn't a problem anyway?

We need more sarcasm tags...
ah yes, terrain generation, are you planning on doing a fractal heightmap?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

^FTW.
*bump* Finished the interface, which looks pwnsome in Firefox but needs tweaking in IE. I threw together some MySQL tables for data, and I'll be beginning the PHP backend tomorrow.
http://multiplicity.cemetech.net
fracking HAWT
Go and register usernames! I'm starting to get the backend down, and I'm reading up on the J3D package.
yeah, that error is HAWT!
oh noes he borked it.
Fixed it, go and look now. That was a backend problem.
wow, what a pretty blue box - and I'm digging the attempted-but-failed-to-fit-your-window look Smile (aka, the vertical scrollbar that can only scroll like, 2 px)
Very polished Kerm, looks like it should be dugg right away as it needs no more work. Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
wow, what a pretty blue box - and I'm digging the attempted-but-failed-to-fit-your-window look Smile (aka, the vertical scrollbar that can only scroll like, 2 px)

does that actually matter 'nohj? it doesn't affect anything horizontally, and nothing important is getting cut off, just 2 rows of blue pixels....
It does make it look unprofessional...What's the point of having that scrollbar? I'm sure it wouldn't take too much work to remove it.
elfprince13 wrote:
does that actually matter 'nohj? it doesn't affect anything horizontally, and nothing important is getting cut off, just 2 rows of blue pixels....

Yes it does 'prince' Razz (wtf was with the partial-nick in single quotes?) Not like it would be hard to fix that, anyway (or at least, I hope it isn't hard to fix it) Rolling Eyes

Cause see, I'm not sure about you, but when I see the scrollbar, I expect to actually have something to SCROLL TO (like, say, some directions or other misc info)
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Yes it does 'prince' Razz (wtf was with the partial-nick in single quotes?) Not like it would be hard to fix that, anyway (or at least, I hope it isn't hard to fix it) Rolling Eyes

Cause see, I'm not sure about you, but when I see the scrollbar, I expect to actually have something to SCROLL TO (like, say, some directions or other misc info)

it wasn't ' quoted, it was contracted.
Am, I weird or I only get a blue square in front of me when I open that link?

The scrollbar is needed so it can finish the little pattern in the bottom and let some place between it's end and the finishing of the page view so it looks nice. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours