I've started to write Open File and Save File GUI routines for Doors CS, two important parts of the Associated Program (AP) system. However, I have some huge time drains (read: tests and exams), so it's going to be difficult for me to finish everything on my own. I know for a fact that Chipmaster and Elfprince13 are qualified, and I'm sure other of you ASM programmers are also able to do this, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in finishing my code with guidance from me. Thanks in advance.
eagle project, global challenge project, college course, 2 years of AP calculus in 1, AP physics, Strategic Conquest. If you can wait till mid december I can probably help, but thats cutting it close.
Fair enough, I had a feeling. Truthfully, it's only really 4-5 hours of work, probably, but I'm just not in the mood for it atm.
this weekend Im gonna finish up the next version of CemetechAI, and then I *was* planning on working on strategic conquest, but I *could* probably work on DCS
Well, if you assisted with this, wouldn't this open up other avenues for Strategic Conquest??
perhaps kllrnohj would assist....
elfprince13 wrote:

I doubt Kerm wants help with DCS from someone who has only made 1 other ASM program Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

I doubt Kerm wants help with DCS from someone who has only made 1 other ASM program Smile

Wink I haven't released any
I'd be open to help from anyone. I'm thinking that perhaps if I finish the Open File gui, I'll feel more motivation for the save gui. I actually managed to eck out a few dozen more lines of code, so it's inching along still.
*bump* Making some more progress, although the count/find routine is slightly buggy; it's picking up the appvar for some reason:
*bumpity bump* Scrolling working, now for onclicking! I can't wait for this to work out...

Edit: FileOpen GUI completely completed! Yayz! Now I just need to add the vector entrypoint, add that in the include file, and move onto the FileSave GUI.
Ok, cool screenshot.

What will need to be pressed to get that up, when it is complete, since I can garauntee that clicking off the side of the taskbar is not gonna be my idea of fun or user friendly... Wink
No no, I'm just testing it this way because I'm too lazy to write an ASM program to run from Doors CS to bring it up. This is just a debug thing to check that it works. It's only useful for associated programs; it doesn't actually do anything in Doors CS itself.

And yeah, it's done.
Associated programs... So it will more easily just open up Doc DE files and what not??
tifreak8x wrote:
Associated programs... So it will more easily just open up Doc DE files and what not??
Eeexactly. So instead of 1KB of GUI stuff in programmers' ASM programs, all you need to do is: call FileOpen. I just started documenting this stuff in the wiki:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Associated_Programs
KermMartian wrote:
I've started to write Open File and Save File GUI routines for Doors CS, two important parts of the Associated Program (AP) system. However, I have some huge time drains (read: tests and exams), so it's going to be difficult for me to finish everything on my own. I know for a fact that Chipmaster and Elfprince13 are qualified, and I'm sure other of you ASM programmers are also able to do this, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in finishing my code with guidance from me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I've been so busy lately that I didn't even notice your pm or this topic until just now. I'm in essentially the same boat as elfprince on this one. If I find some free time, this will be the first place I turn.
Eeeeexcellent, because I could really use some help with the stupid FindLineEnd routine - it still has some kind of weird, useless bug. :/
/me hints that Kerm should document the FileSave/FileSaveAs routines in the wiki, and update the online source/include file.
/me hints that he doesn't have his laptop with him and probably won't be able to get to it for a couple of days at least.
wow that sucks, what happened?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours